Trouble Comes Looking

If someone told me two years ago, that I would be not only leaving an wonderful paying job, but an amazing penthouse apartment for one person. I would've fell flat on my face laughing. Because there was no way in hell I would do such a foolish thing. But, here I was. Placing light brown boxes into the trunk of my son's car. On the side of the street in New York. In the freezing cold winter. Moving to some unknown place.

My life wasn't even mine anymore. Not that I minded it. I loved this life, just as much as I loved it before. But, only this time I was fighting to keep my short time on earth peaceful. Yes, I only had so much time before I would be gone from this world. And trust me, this was a numbing shock to me. How could it not? I'm Immortal. I'm supposed to live forever. But...The price I'm paying is little compared to losing my child. Or Angry Eyes.

"Hey, you okay?" Logan's voice broke through my thoughts. I choose that moment to glanced down at Logan, only to see him gazing up at me with curiosity. That wasn't what got my attention, though. What did, was how troubled he sounded. I could tell this wasn't something he was fond of doing. Moving away from a place he only just got adjusted to. He would have to leave his job. His friends. His home. Basically everything he had to leave behind before.

How many times would he have to sacrifice something for me? Was I even a good friend?

"Yeah. I'm alright..." I turned my attention onto my family. Packing up mine and Logan's life here in New York. "Are you sure this is something you want to do? Do you really want to leave another life behind for me?" I know without a single doubt, that my voice betrayed everything I was feeling at that moment. Fear. Pain. And obviously, guilt. That much was known.

How couldn't it be? I was ruining everything. And everyone.

"Without a doubt. I love you, Jamie." He brushed his shoulders with my own, fairing a sunny smile. "Brothers. For life." His words hit my core. There was such purity in them. It could've been written in stone. That's how much promise it held in them. He trusted me with his life. And he would follow me wherever I go. And because of that. I realized he wasn't a boy anymore.

He was an man. He held strength, and maturity. He was more of a man than I would ever be, that's for sure.

Why? Because I haven't even told my family I would be long gone when my second child is born. I didn't have the heart to do it, yet. I could imagine the looks on Angry Eyes and Logan's face. The pain that would strike them so deeply in their hearts. The anger that I would pay such a price. It made my heart quiver in agony thinking about it.

"I-I love you, too...Forever." I cursed under my breath for stuttering. I was already cracking. And I couldn't let that happen. Not right now. I had to stay strong. At least until we get settled in whatever state we end up in. I'm still a little out of it, after Jack's mental attack. It's his damn fault this is happening.

He always ruins my happiness with Angry Eyes.

"Hey! I'm here, and ready to go!" Logan and I were snapped out of our little moment, only to see a very familiar Latino. One I haven't seen since I left Minnesota. Carlos Garcia. My rebound when Angry Eyes left me. Yeah. It wasn't an attractive time for me. And I never spoken to Angry Eyes about it. There is a lot I haven't told him, actually. Like Logan and Carlos once being best friends.

That was until Angry Eyes came in between them.

Well...He doesn't seem to have changed much. Other than growing a few inches taller. And maybe he got abs. And I would be lying if I didn't say he hasn't gotten even more attractive. Because trust me, he has. He wasn't a boy anymore, either. He was an man. But that didn't change anything for me. I was set for life with Angry Eyes. And when I leave this life behind. I will go knowing I lived the last of my life with my soulmate.