Chapter 7

Sosuke

Sosuke genuinely felt terrible for not being there for her during her pregnancy, he remained by her side for the rest of her pregnancy. Although it wasn't much considering how long it took him to realise his feelings, he wanted to at least be there for her now while he still had the chance.

Currently he was silently watching her, who blankly stopped what she was doing to look at him with her alluring metallic eyes.

He resisted the sudden impulse to touch her eyes whilst smiling at her.

Lately throughout the week he has caught his wife glancing at him then and there, when he smiles at her she would just casually avert her gaze. Sigh. He would be lying if her ignorance did not hurt him...this must have been how she felt when that wretched woman captured him in her enchantment.

He gently helped her into the car before immediately setting off to the city's top tier hospital, he had made preparations earlier to have their most skilled midwives attend to her.

Although her birth in their last life was a success, he still wasn't at ease.

He grasped her small hand in his large rough palms, letting her do as she pleased throughout her labour. Even in her weak state her monstrous strength did not seem to weaken at all. Luckily he could withstand her grip...otherwise he would've lost his hand.

When the midwife announced the birth of their son he planted a kiss on her forehead, "You did a good job"

Giving birth had consumed a lot of her energy, she was clearly exhausted yet she did not allow herself to succumb to sleep instead forcing her eyes to remain open, said "Let me hold him"

He leant over carefully handing over their son, the moment she held him and saw his little face a beautiful smile adorned her stunning visage.

She nuzzled her petite nose against their sons who happily smiled at her action.
"He's beautiful isn't he?"

Sosuke watched the mother and son pair enviously. His wife that was so cold to him was now gazing at their son with a doting gaze, speaking to him in a soft voice and smiling at him.

"Just like his mother" the words rolled off his tongue naturally, readily agreeing to her with a indulgent smile.

She lifted her head staring at him inexplicably, with no response from the other he suggested naming their son Daikaku, "What do you think?"

In response to his name, their son's limpid eyes curved into crescents expressing his delight while playing with his mothers fingers. Kaguya poked his little cheek, the warm disposition she emitted pleasant however he felt a little vexed as it was only towards their son, she showed such an inviting expression.

"He seems to like it" she said nodding in approval, she elegantly stifled a yawn with her free hand.

"Do you mind taking care of him while I rest?" She asked, Sosuke of course could not allow his wife to be sleep deprived and took hold of their son who obediently went to sleep after Kaguya kissed his forehead, in a light tone saying 'Be a good boy and sleep, Mommy needs a rest'

He dismissed everyone else in the room earlier and sat at the chair beside the bed lulling Daikaku to sleep. He was reluctant to let go of the little boy softly pressing his lips to his smooth forehead "please...forgive your father for being useless...I won't fail you this time..."

"I will definitely not allow you and your mother to suffer any grievances"

He swore again, in this lifetime he would protect his loved ones with his life.

*Flashback

After Kaguya's death he became an empty shell of his former self, his cobalt eyes lifeless, only sorrow, regret, self-hatred and despair churned in his eyes. He did not care as his appearance became haggard over time.

There was no reason for him to live anymore.

If not for his grandparents, he would have already took his life to follow his wife and son to the afterlife.

As discontent as they were, ultimately they are still his grandparents. His grandfather was still dissatisfied with him however he was lenient because of his wife's sympathy.

His father and brother-in-law on the hand despised him, he expected their loathing gazes, unable to look them in the eyes. They had every right to despise him, it was his fortune that they did not attack the Kirisame clan.

He blindly let a woman fool him and the consequences resulted in the loss of his family, his two worlds and the love of his life.

Sosuke continued to live meaninglessly till his physical condition could not keep up with his emotional state. He died in his sleep with his arms hugging the only photo of his beloved wife smiling brightly standing next to the younger him with their lively son between them embracing her left leg exposing little canines.

Before he died he who did not believe in the gods solemnly prayed to them to give him a second chance to correct all his wrongs.

A chance to change his families fate and protect their happiness.

He only wished for this one thing in order to carry out his promise as a husband to his wife and a father to his son, something that he was unable to accomplish in this lifetime.

* Flashback ends

He entrusted their dozing son over to the old Momo. Sosuke had no shortage of enemies however none dared to attack or confront him outright, after word of Kaguya's birth spreads, his son will be his only weakness in the eyes of others.

*Momo has served the Kirisame clan for decades, former maid of his grandmother

Previously his enemies made the mistake of finding trouble with his wife, in the end they were slaughtered thoroughly without her having to lift her hand. Kaguya was a peerless genius in the art of magic, there was no need for incantations.

*As for FL's abilities you will find out in the future

I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's been a very long time since the last update. Please do check out my recent message on my page regarding my absence. Thank you for reading, and supporting 🖤