Starting Out

Rachel's POV

Here it is, our fifth day in New York and I'm stuck here unpacking the rest of our boxes whilst Finn is working at his new job. Sure, I'm glad he's working and all, I just miss him when he's not here. Overall, I just miss Lima. I miss everyone in Lima, everyone that moved from Lima to go their seperate ways, and just the town itself. New York has always been my dream place to be ever since i was 4. Playbills were hung around my room with Broadway decorations all around. By the time I was 6 I could quote the entire production of Wicked. It just doesn't appeal to me as much as it did then. I don't know maybe it's just that I'm not here with all my friends, that's all. I love Finn, I really do. It's just.. odd.

"Hey babe!" Finn smiles walking through the door of our beat up apartment.

"Hi honey, how was work?"

"It was work. What's for dinner?" he smirked.

I pointed, slightly aggravated, at the roast and potatoes in the crockpot.

"It should be done in about 15 minutes. Why don't you get out of those clothes. You smell awful." I laugh and wave my hand in front of my face, showing discust.

He smiled, pulling off his work shirt and planting a kiss on my lips, walking to the bedroom.

I continued unpacking and cooking. The phone rings and I pick it up off the coffee table.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Rachel." says the person on the other side of the phone.

I automatically smile, not even having to ask who the female was.

"Quinn! Oh my god. I've missed talking to you. How are you?" I exclaim, ready to jump for joy.

"I'm doing great, but we'll catch up on that later. I have a surprise for you."

I smirked. "A surprise?"

"Yeah, but you have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is."

She laughs as I wonder what it is.

"What! But, why can't I know today?"

"You just have to wait, okay! I'll call you tomorrow!"

"But I-"

She hangs up.

Finn walks back into the kitchen and asks me who was on the phone.

"It was Quinn, she says she has a surprise for me, but I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is. Do you know anything about this?" I asked.

He looks at me with a weird face and replies with a no.

We both finish our dinner and he helps me clean up. After dinner, we both are so tired from unpacking and working all day, that we decide to go to bed. Finn undressed while I took a shower and then we both got into bed. He planted a sloppy kiss on my small lips and we exchanged our, "I love you"s. Then we both turned over. He always snores, that's how I know he's asleep.

I laid awake half the night wondering what Quinn was planning for that day. Was she pregnant? No, her and Puck broke up years ago. I mean, she could've found someone else. I really hope she hasn't. Wait what. I never said that. She deserves to be happy. Even if it kills me.