Our eyes lock onto one another in a moment of joy mixed with attraction. There's a soft smile on his lips that makes my stomach flutter in the sweetest way possible. His eyes are glued to mine as if he's studying a very delicate and beautiful painting.

Daniel lets go of my wrists, places one arm above my head, and the other reaches out to the table. I don't see what he grabs but when he starts to draw on me, I gasp.

"What are you doing?" With wide eyes, I stare at his lazy, amused grin.

He doesn't say a word which makes me more nervous wondering what he's drawing on my cheek.

"Daniel, what are you drawing on my face? It better not be a..." I blush at my own thoughts.

Daniel chuckles after he's done. Getting off of me, he tugs me up and I reach for my phone to look at my face. I swear to god if he's drawn a giant dick on my cheek, I'm going to choke him to death.

But it's not a dick.

It's a tiny heart on the apple of my left cheek.

Butterflies erupt in my tummy, warmth spreading all over me. I glance at him and he's slouched back, watching me.

I blush as I put down my phone and throw him a soft glare.

"If I get ink poisoning, you're dead."

<3 <3 <3 <3

"You're holding it wrong." Daniel groans as he watches me fumble with the huge gritty, orange ball with black stripes.

My hands are too small for the thing. I'm trying to make a shot for the basket from the free-throw line but according to Mr. Michael Jordan here, I'm holding the ball wrong.

Whatever.

After getting bored with our studying, and someone drawing a heart on my cheek, I made a bet that I'm better at basketball than he is, and that I can score more baskets than him. He took on the challenge with a laugh.

"What do you mean?" I stare at him in confusion, "I'm holding it right, maybe you've been holding it the wrong way all this time."

Grinning, I go to throw the ball.

I miss.

"Don't get smart with me," Daniel grabs the ball and walks over to me, handing me the ball, he goes to stand behind me, "Hold it like this."

With his hands, he guides my palms. Laying one on the side and one in front of me on the ball. Nate has taught me how to hold a basketball but I'm going to pretend I don't know how and let Daniel teach me.

"Why?"

"Geez woman, just hold it like I tell you to."

"You're bossy." I teasingly say.

With his chest pressed against my back, I breathe in content at the peaceful comfort that I experience. His embrace feels safe and warm.

"You're annoying."

"You're mean."

"Rosé."

I bashfully smile at his serious, deep, cold tone.

I look at the ball, but Daniel's heartbeat is soothingly humming, and I step back slightly into his embrace. Daniel senses this and glances down at me, his eyes hooded and glimmering with content. We stare into each other's eyes for a moment, relishing the way his embrace feels so warm and perfect.

Daniel breaks the stare first.

"Hold it like this, bend your knees a bit and aim with your arms." Gently, he instructs me, gripping my hips to position my body correctly.

The electricity that sparks through my veins is undeniably addicting.

Daniel steps back and I put energy into my shot. It works but misses the net by a few centimeters. My eyes round and I beam, too happy for that throw.

"Oh my gosh, did you see? Did you see? I got it so close." I excitedly look at Daniel, who laughs at my wholesome reaction.

His chocolate eyes dance with amusement and proudness. He catches the bouncing ball before handing it back to me.

"Try again."

I do exactly what he told me to do, holding the ball right, bending my knees, and aiming with my arms, and this time when I put more energy into my throw, the ball bounces off the backboard and into the basket.

I squeal in joy.

"I got it! Daniel, did you see that?" I cheekily smile and Daniel laughs.

I laugh along, loving the way his laugh sounds—so soothingly beautiful, so genuine, and deep.

Daniel catches my eyes again and I find myself biting my lip.

I'm glad I made that bet.

"You throw like a girl." Daniel teases me, grabbing the ball and throwing it effortlessly into the basket.

I roll my eyes.

"I am a girl. I could totally replace you." I playfully taunt him, snatching the ball when he tries to catch it.

I stick out my tongue but when I go to throw the ball into the basket, Daniel wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me off the ground.

"Daniel!" I shriek in surprise but when I see him walking me over to the basket, I grin.

I throw the ball easily into the net. Daniel lets me down but doesn't remove his arms. Daniel inches in and places a breathtaking kiss on my cheek before grabbing the ball and throwing the ball into the basket.

"You're fucking cute, Rosé."