???: You... want to help me?

(Y/N) nodded, closing the notebook and pocketing it while he waited for the girl's answer patiently... that was until he noticed the fearful look in her eyes, realising quickly that his taller figure was most likely scaring her, (Y/N) slowly and steadily went down, sitting on the dirty floor so that he was at her eye level. This made the girl even more confused, yet, she realised that from this action alone her fear decreased as (Y/N) went from an imposing figure to a curious boy who looks like he really wants to help.

However, the girl was still hesitant as she gulped, imagining what would happen should she talk to this boy... she gulped in nervousness, sweating slightly while she started to tremble once again. Noticing the trembling, (Y/N) held his hands up only to shoulder level, trying hard to not make the girl think he was going to do anything as he slowly opened said hands to make himself seem harmless.

That helped slightly as the girl saw he had nothing to hurt her with, his hands didn't even seem like they were waiting patiently to clench into fists. Due to her... upbringing, she was able to tell when someone was being deceptive, luckily and surprisingly for her, she didn't see any of the signs on this boy so soon, her trembling ceased. She started to sit up straight, looking the boy straight in the eyes.

???: Mister... won't hurt... me?

Her response was a slow shake of the head, his expression unchanging before he grabbed his notebook once more, clicking the pen before suddenly sketching so quickly that the little girl was amazed by his speed. He then finished, showing the girl a rough sketch of what seemed to be a boy placing a hand over his heart... silence was what filled the alleyway as the little girl continued to look at the drawing.

???: You're a terrible artist mister...

Only to be broken by the girl's brutal honesty, that remark made (Y/N) go wide-eyed with shock, slumping from the hurtful comment while giving off a comical saddened expression... and to her own surprise, the little girl was holding a hand to her mouth, suppressing a giggle. She grew confused, slightly afraid of what kind of sound she just made before looking over at the boy who seemed back to normal. He then began to write in his notebook again catching the girl's attention.

(Y/N): 'Name'?

???: Name? Oh... you mean... mine, right? Well, I... I don't think I can...

But, the fear of a certain man was instantly gone once the girl saw the boy suddenly show a reassuring smile, nodding encouragingly while at the same time making sure to keep his distance as he continued to keep himself at the girl's height.

???: E... E-

???: Eri!!!

That was a new voice, a deep voice but sounded as though muffled by something, it came from deeper in the alleyway as the little girl instantly became a terrified mess, trembling terribly while her breathing became heavy and constant... before (Y/N) could do anything, Eri as the man shouted angrily jumped up, running from the alleyway and into the bright light of the sun on the streets.

(Y/N) stood up slowly, staring at the spot the girl was before slowly turning to where she ran to. He heard footsteps, running ones from behind that were definitely not Eri's considering they sounded like heavy footwear stomping on the pavement below. So, with a sigh, (Y/N) walked out the alleyway before he could be seen, his bag back over his shoulder as he continued his late walk to school.

(Timeskip)

Luckily, he got there just as the bell rang and therefore didn't get in trouble with the teacher, but, he did get a scolding from Iida, reminding him that U.A students should always arrive ten minutes earlier than the scheduled time for classes, however, he was quickly let off since Mark instantly covered for him, lying by saying (Y/N) had to stop by his house to pick up something and he went ahead.