Filling The Void | ChapterForty - Two | Lets Get Down To Buisness

Start from the beginning

"The youtube's, duh." She says, standing up with her closed up makeup bag, "Can you go ask Ryder if he knows what tie he's wearing? We want that to be the last dress you wear so you guys match."

I rollmy eyes, "Kaitlyn what if he doesn't get me."

She cocks her head, "Then it's defenitly not fate."

I chuckle and pick up the straightener to create some simple heated curls, "I'll ask him when I'm done, I'm sure he's still sleeping."

She winks at me before stashing her bag away and exiting the room to, 'grab some ardourves' Whatever that means.

Last night I had wanted to spend the night with Kaitlyn in her room as something fun to do before the big day, but she insisted that I avoid under eye circles and sleep in my own bed.

Of course, this gave Ryder the uper hand to keep me awake all night, though Kaitlyn had come in and shunned him out.

Before she had we had actually had a really great conversation. He talked to me about his father, and how he's the one that should be dissapointing him, not the other way around.

We treid to stray away from the topic of my dead parents, but eventually that was the only thing on my mind and I started ranting.

If he has one quality that makes him a good boyfriend it's his listening skills. He doesn't try to jump in and put his own opinion out there unless I ask. He just simple sits there and nods along as I talk.

I smile at myself in the mirror as I rake my fingers through to loosen the curls. This auction was really impotant to Kaitlyn, and Ryder considering he had spent over fifty bucks on raffle tickets.

What a dork.

I'd need to put on the performance of my life.

As I make my way to his bedroom I hear muffled voices and when I knock they stop and Ryder hums a, "Come in."

When I open up the door Josh comes into veiw and his eyes meet mine as he spins on the wheely desk chair.

"Waters! What a pleasent suprise!"

Ryder sends him a warning glare and he raises his hands in defense, "I'm just sayin hello, chill out dude, how are you Aspen?"

I chuckle and come in, stepping to the side awkwardly by the door.

I don't know if Ryder has told anyone yet, and personally I'd rather not reveal something he wants to keep under the radar. I agreed whole heartedly with what he chose, he seemed to always have a good reason.

"I'm good, Kaitlyns been helping me get ready for the auction and she wants to know what color tie your wearing." I say, pointing my attention to Ryder at the end.

He smiles at me and furrows his eyebrows in confusion, "Why are you standing by the door so weirdly?"

My eyes widen as he comletley ignrores what I've asked him, "I uh...I didn't know if-"

"Oh don't worry Aspen!-..."Josh says, standing up out of his chair, "Ryder here already told me, afterall...I'm his bestfriend, so, what color tie are you wearing dude?"

Ryders face reddens in the slightest and I realize that the auction will be our first legitimate date.

"It's blue." He says, looking up at me.

I riase an eyebrow, "You're gonna have to be more specific, there are a lot of blues."

Ryder rolls his eyes and heads over to his closet, bringing out a tux in plastic wrap with a light blue tie underneath.

I gasp slightly as I look at it hang next to him, "oo, baby blue! That's smart, who told you to-"

"Kaitlyn...that's why I'm confused as to why she sent you here."

With a chuckle he scratches the back of his neck and hangs the garment bag back up, "I'm starting to realize though."

I furrow my brows and soon Kaitlyn comes barging in, "There you are! We gotta get you dressed ASAP because if we don't were' going to be- oh-..." She stops, as she grabs my arms and meets Josh's gaze, "Hey Josh."

His adams apple bobs as he looks back at her, "Hi Kaityln."

For the first time in years they're both not hitting on or nagging at eachother and stealing a quick glance at Ryders amused face gives me enough information to go on.

"Well we're gonna go ASAP right Kait?"

She nods and blinks, shaking her head as she tears her eyes away from Josh, "yeah, yeah, yeah okay yeah lets go."

As we turn to leave I lean in and mumble, "Say yeah another time Kait."

She nods, "Yeah yeah yeah you're right, yeah...ugh!"

I laugh to try to cover up her discomfort, and when I look back at Ryder over my shoulder his brown eyes are locked onto mine as he sends me a wink.

__________

Sorry if that chapter was confusing lol 😂🖤