Chapter 7

After that little incident, the two had gotten much closer than expected. One had confessed to the other, the one who was confessed to had accepted it almost immediately. Skyla was no longer Greed’s babysitter, she now holds the title of his most prized possession. The two had begun dating as time went by. When they would walk together in the city, people thought they were adorable. Of course, the moment they’d hear something come out of Greed’s mouth, that thought would change immediately. Luckily, the two of them had a lot of free time to just hang out in their shared room. Currently, Greed was sitting on Skyla’s bed with said girl sitting in between his legs. His arms were wrapped her waist as she read her book. He rested his chin on her head until she was done reading. Finding the quiet in the room boring, he tries to make some small talk.
“So, what do you think Fullmetal might be up to?” He asks her before she closes her book.
“Probably still looking for a way to get he and his brothers’ bodies back. Where they might be looking, I don’t know.” She says as she turns her head to look at him. A smile slowly forms on her face as she looks at him. “You know, I’ve always been afraid to do anything I want since I’ve been down here. Ever since you and I got together, I don’t feel as afraid as I used to.” She continues as she places one of her hands over his. “Someday, I want to get out of here. Away from Father and his threatening rules. Where I can be myself and not have to be cautious of every action I make.” She finishes. After she finished, Greed lifted her slightly so he could close his legs before putting her down on top of his legs. He pecks her cheek before holding closer.
“Then I will make sure that happens. Someday, you and I will get out of here. It’ll take some time, but it will happen.” He says, his voice sincere and calming. His promise brings a smile to Skyla’s face.
Skyla pecks underneath his jaw, since she can’t really reach his lips. He lets out a chuckle before placing a hand on the back of her neck to then lean down and place a kiss on her lips. They held the kiss for a little while before pulling away. Greed places a small kiss on her neck before nuzzling his face in her neck. His hair would tickle her neck, causing her to let out a small giggle. Her smile did not fade as she brushed her fingers through his hair as they stayed in that position for a little while. Both of them hoped this moment would never end. But all good things have to end.