Chapter 27

Friday 14th February 1964

Boston, Jack’s flat

9pm

“Well this is certainly different.” Jackie smiled as she lounged back on the sofa.

“Well I thought we have my old flat why not use it for a change. It’s private and no one can get to us.”

“It’s very nice.”

“Here Mrs Kennedy I must tempt you to some fine French wine.”

Jackie laughed. “Why thank you.”

Jack sat down next to her and put an arm round her. “See this is nice.”

“It reminds me of old times.” Jackie replied.

Jack nodded. “So do you remember why this place was so special in our relationship?”

“I sure do it was here the first time we slept together.”

Jack grinned and placed his hand on Jackie’s knee. Jackie put both glasses down and turned so she was facing her husband. She pushed him down and lay on top of him. She was kissing him deeply when her hand found its way under his shirt and started caressing his side. He was moaning lightly.

He tried to take her dress off but she pulled back slightly. “I’m in charge.”

Jack grinned. “Follow me.” Jackie instructed.

They ended up lying on Jack’s bed kissing. “Take my dress off.” Jack didn’t hesitate, his hands found their way to her back and to the zip.

“Happy Valentine’s Day bunny.” Jackie whispered.

“Happy Valentine ’s Day to you too my love.”

9am

Jack didn’t wake till Jackie sat down in front of him with a tray of breakfast. “Oh Jackie you didn’t have too.”

“Oh but I did.”

Jack laughed. He soon realised she was only wearing his shirt. “You look nice.”

Jackie smiled. “Thanks.”

They were sitting on the bed eating breakfast but they couldn’t take their eyes of each other. “Jackie?”

“Yes bunny?”

“This is for you.” Jack said pulling a long black box out of his drawer. “Open it.”

When Jackie opened it she gasped. “Oh Jack, Thank you!” Jackie exclaimed as she hugged him. She sat back up and looked at the diamond necklace. It was beautiful.

“I love it.”

“I’m glad you like it, I spent ages looking for it. None of them were perfect but when I saw that one I knew it was the one.”

Jackie couldn’t stop smiling, she loved her husband so much.