|sorting|

\\\///

"When you meet someone for the first time, that's not the whole book. That's just the first page." ~Brody Armstrong

///\\\

    The very first time Vienna met Fred and George Weasley she knew one thing for sure - they were trouble. The two tall, lanky and ginger-haired boys had come bursting into the compartment that Vienna had managed to snag along with a fellow first-year girl, Angelina Johnson. Vienna and Ang - who threatened to hex Vienna if she used her full first name - were a good fit together already. That's why both girls were utterly bewildered at the sight of the cackling and out of breath boys. It took a few moments for the twins to realize that they were in the company of other people and quickly straightened themselves out. Fred's brown eyes immediately focused on the white-haired young witch who was looking at him with a mixture of annoyance and curiosity. "Can we help you two?" George focused on Angelina, taking in her clean and new clothes, along with her caramel colored skin and curly black hair. Fred's eyes also snapped to the girl, taking in her raised eyebrow and disapproving gaze. "Name's Fred Weasley, and this is my twin, George." George waved over-enthusiastically with a toothy grin on his face at the two girls causing Vienna to let out a small smile. "Twins? You don't say?" Ang's head tilted to the side as she gazed curiously at the two boys. "From what I understand, supposedly we're identical!" Ang let out a mocking snort at George's words before looking towards Vienna. "Well. I'm Angelina Johnson and this is Vienna Marcus." The twins gave each other a knowing look before plopping down beside each girl and causing Vienna to scoot away uncomfortably. 
    It was the first time Fred realized that Vienna had violet eyes, they were bright and seemingly glowing, reminding him of the lilacs planted behind his home, and he would have been mesmerized if she would have looked at him eye to eye. His head tilted curiously to the side as he took in the rest of the young girl's features. Now that he was up close, he could make out a constellation of freckles across her pale cheeks and the top of her nose, and her full pink lips were pursed in disapproval at his gaze. It's safe to say that Vienna Marcus was Fred Weasley's first ever crush and he found himself nervously running his sweaty palms against his hand-me-down trousers. "Violet eh?" Vienna's eyes narrowed at the near fidgeting boy beside her before she answered him. "It's Vienna. Vee-en-uh." Fred and George couldn't help but chuckle at the girl, as Vienna - along with Ang - crossed their arms and glared. "I don't think so. I think it's Violet." At this point, Fred knew that he was making the pretty girl mad, but words seemed to just blabber out of his mouth without giving him the time to think about them. Before Vienna even had the time to react, the two boys were already standing again and making their way to the door.
"Well. It was lovely to meet you both -"
"- And we'd stick around to chat -"
"-but we best be off!"
    The two girls stared at the twins, both mildly alarmed at what they had just witnessed before giving each other a confused gaze. "We'll see you two at the sorting!" George called out, waving over his shoulder as he slid open the compartment door and exited. Fred on the other hand, turned back around and stuck his head back into the compartment and giving Vienna his own toothy grin. "See ya around Violet!"  Vienna stood up at his words and rushed towards the compartment door, sticking her head out and shouting at the now cackling Fred Weasley as he made his way down the train. "It's Vienna!"

************************************************************ 

    "You're a strange one aren't you?"  Vienna didn't know what to make of the old worn hat now sitting upon her head, especially now that it had called her strange. "I'm not strange." Vienna thought the words in her head and the hat let out a chuckle. "Ah, but you are. You've got a great destiny ahead of you Vienna Marcus." Vienna snorts at the hat and rolls her eyes. "A great destiny? What is that supposed to mean?" The hat seemingly hums in contemplation before it shouts out, quite loudly "GRYFFINDOR!" The hat is lifted off her head by Professor McGonagall and Vienna looks at it curiously before retreating to the now thundering table of red and gold. The rest of her train ride to Hogwarts had been quiet and uneventful after the twins had left. Her and Ang had gotten to know each other better and even sat with each other on the boats to the castle. Vienna had found out, that not even stories could compare to the majestic beauty that was the castle of Hogwarts. Both her and Ang had spent most of the boat ride with their jaws wide open in awe at the architecture and warm glow that emanated from the castle. The inside was just as wonderful and she was finding herself mentally thanking her Aunt for her decision to have Vienna attend Hogwarts. She finds herself sitting between her new friend Ang - who was also sorted into Gryffindor - and an older red-headed boy, who gives her a warm smile. "Welcome to Gryffindor Vienna. I'm Charlie, Charlie Weasley." Vienna freezes at the mention of 'Weasley' before taking his large hand and giving it a shake. "Thank you. Are you the older brother of the twins?" He chuckles in amusement at her words, his bright blue eyes glistening and his long curly hair shaking with the movement. "That I am. Those two are trouble aren't they?" Vienna blushes and nods at Charlie's words. "I met them on the train. Fred keeps calling me Violet." She scrunches her face at the nickname and Charlie gives her a reassuring pat on the back. "Don't worry about those two. They mean no harm, they just enjoy their pranks and their jokes." 
     Right at that moment, Professor McGonagall calls out "Fred Weasley!" Vienna turns her head to watch the annoying twin stride up to the rickety stool and sit. The hat was barely on his head before it yelled out a resounding "GRYFFINDOR!" Vienna almost groans in despair as Charlie practically jumps from his seat in applause at gaining his younger brother into the same house. Fred struts confidently across to where Charlie, Vienna, and Ang sit. He gives his older brother a high-five before he looks towards his twin who was now walking up to the stool. "GRYFFINDOR!" This time, Vienna - along with Ang - do let out groans of despair as the other boy joins his twin, also giving Charlie a high-five before taking a seat. 
    Fred beams at the two girl's sitting across from him, both looking utterly nonplussed at him and his twin. "Would you look at that? Seems like we're stuck with each other for the next seven years!" George's comment causes both girls to roll their eyes and huff. Charlie, on the other hand, is looking back and forth between Fred and Vienna, noticing the absolute smitten gaze on his younger brothers face. "Well, there's no need for that! I'm sure we'll all be the best of friends!" Vienna glares at George as Charlie manages to finally grab Fred's attention, giving him a knowing smirk and causing the poor boy to glow red. "Right. I'm sure you all will be great friends." Charlie chuckles at Fred's glare and gives Vienna another warm smile. "I'm sure Vienna and Ang can handle you two just fine." Ang sits up straighter in her seat with his words and nods her head. "I'm sure you're right Charlie." Vienna lets out a chuckle at Ang's words and Fred found himself momentarily mesmerized by the sight of her bright smile and near angelic laugh. But, of course, Fred never can say the right words and opens his mouth and says "I'm sure Ang and Violet will be fine." Vienna stops her chuckling almost immediately and glares at the smirking boy across from her. She realized at that moment, that she absolutely hated Fred Weasley.