Chapter 19

I stood there feeling left out until I feel a tap on my shoulder. It was Leah.

"Hey, I finally got away from Liam's parents. I like them that are super nice." She looked so happy I knew Liam would never hurt her because they were in love. I wondered if I could ever fall in love after I found out everything that happened with my father.

Then I met Nick and I thought he was the one but I guess men are all the same even Joey. I snapped out of my thoughts when Leah waved her hands in front of me. She looked worried.

"Hey, are you ok?" I nodded. What was I supposed to say to her?.

We made our way to a quiet corner when I spotted Joey's mother waved to me. I walked over to her smiling. She was with some women who looked like posh snobs. They were in a small circle gathered around talking to each other.

"Oh, ladies I have some news about my Joey!." Everybody suddenly in the group stopped chatting and looked at her curiously.

"He has a beautiful bride and her name is-" before she could continue Joey grabbed his mother and looked at her firmly and frowned at her as if he was asking not to say any more.

Suddenly I felt a cold splash on my body. I turned around to find Beth with an empty glass and Nick in her hands. She looked at me then looked at the beautiful golden dress I brought which now was stained with red. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Joey and he has a stern look.

He angrily looked at Beth and Nick. Unexpectedly My father and Devin walked towards us. Devin had a random man next to her. He wore a suit but by the looks of it, he was old when they came over to us and tension began. My father grabbed Devin's hand and stood firm.

"Dimond comes here and greets your fiancee, Mr Miles, he is extremely nice and would love to take you out!" Devin said. The old man looked at me and creepily smiled I felt disgusted. Beth then smirked and said

"Oh, diamond your dress is so glamorous!" She was mocking me and I hated it. I was so happy when I left with Joey that day and I never cried once but now I want to just curl up and shut everyone out again. We had gotten everyone's attention because of everything that was tapping and not to mention Joey was standing next to me.

He placed his hand around my waist and gently grazed my lips with his. The old man looked stunned and angry then shouted at Joey saying:

"Get your filthy hands off my future wife!". Everything went silent when Joey turned around and angrily stared at the old man, Mr Miles backed away and stood behind Devin. Joey shot a cold look at my parents then turned towards Beth and Nick. He gently and softly with bitter words said:

"Mr Chase please refrain your wife from bullying my wife also because Mrs Chase here pored wine over my beautiful wife's free I will need you to pay her back the bill is right here" He softly kissed my lips then turned around and walked away.

The crowd now glared at me and whispered to each other.

"So she's the one he married how plain!"
"She's not wealthy is she"
"I think Miss Lola was the best for him"
"Yes, I agree!"
"I bet she is only with him because of his looks and money"
"Mabey she tricked him into thinking she was pregnant with his baby!"

The music started again and the crowd went off. Who did these people think oi was, yes I may not be rich but I want to be there for joey because of I...I

Love him!