Her reactions are quick and she pushes me to the ground.

“Are we really gonna do this again? You and I both know I could rip you to shreds and do my nails at the same time.” She taunts.

“What do you want?” I growl, standing up.

“I wanted to see you. I missed you, Stefan. Indulge me for a little while, please?”

“Why are you back in town?” I ignore her flirting.

“3 reasons; you, you, and you.”

“You see, I can’t quite get that down. Just kind of…gets stuck in my throat.” I say, pretending to gag at her.

“Well, you know, it’s the truth. Deep down inside that gorgeous body of your, there’s the Stefan that fell in love with me too.”

I can’t believe that she’s here saying this right now. I need to do something with her before Elena finds out…or Damon.

ASHLEY’S POV

I’m sitting at the Grill eating a nice waffle. I can’t remember the last time I had a nice meal. Elena just texted me and said that Jenna is having a barbecue tonight and Ryan and I are both invited which is actually perfect.

For one thing, it would be nice to do something normal and social with my brother to loosen all of this tension.

For another thing, it’s vampires, all the time, and I need a little break.

My break ends quickly when Damon enters the restaurant and walks straight over to me, sitting across from me. So much for clearing my head.

“What do you want?” I snap at him.

“So, this is where you spend your time when you’re not stabbing people in the back.” He says and I roll my eyes.

“I tricked you into telling me the truth, that’s not stabbing you in the back. It’s using your own tactics against you.” I defend myself before standing up.

“Where are you going?” He asks.

“I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you.”

He smirks at me and stands up. “Okay. See you at Jenna’s barbecue.”

“How did you know about Jenna’s barbecue?” I ask, glaring at him as he keeps a smile plastered on his face.

“It was my idea.” He shrugs. “Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric to tell Jenna and…”

I cut him off. “Does Jenna know that you’re going to be there because she’s not exactly a fan of yours.”

I’m interrupted when I woman comes up to us and hands Damon a box with some kind of desert in it.

“Perfect. Thank you.” Damon smiles and winks at the woman who is significantly older and I shake my head. “I’m hoping that this peach cobbler will pave the way.” He says and I nod.

“What are you up to?”

“I’m gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he’s a werewolf. See you at the barbecue.” He smiles before walking away.

This is not going to end well.

STEFAN’S POV

“You shouldn’t read someone else's journal.” I scold Katherine as I walk into the living room to find her laying on the couch.

“I know. I’m sorry. It was just too tempting, all of your inner thoughts and feelings, lying there on your desk for me to read.” She smirks as I walk over and snatch the journal from her.