Ronald watched her as she reached for a mug and poured some coffee for him.

"Thank you." He collected the mug, intentionally brushing his fingers against hers.

His eyes never left her as he took a sip. It was the sweetest coffee he had ever tasted. It had the right amount of milk and sugar.

"This tastes so good." He replied.

Raina smiled.

"Will you have breakfast with us? Clarice went to get Alexa and Adrie."

"I will be late for work if I do."

"Please" She pouted.

"Okay, I will just have a little."

"Thanks, you can go take a seat while I set up the table." He nodded and did as she said.

...............................................................

"Where's the surprise, Clarice? I can't see anything." Adrie complained.

"Me neither." Said, Alexa.

"Wait till we get downstairs," Clarice said as she and the girls climbed down the stairs and walked towards the dining room.

To their disappointment, they only saw Ronald, and the girls kept on wondering where the surprise was.

"Good morning, Daddy," Alexa said as she walked towards Ronald

"Morning Princess." He kissed her forehead.

"Good morning." Adrie greeted shyly

Ronald smiled and kissed her forehead too.

"Good morning, Girls." A voice said and Adrie screamed for joy as she ran to hug her mom.

Raina kept the plate of bacon she was holding on the dining table after which she picked Adrie in her arms and showered her face with kisses.

"I miss you, mama," Adrie said.

"I miss you too, honey."

"Won't you come to say hi to me?" Raina said to Alexa as she put Adrie down.

Alexa walked up to Raina and greeted her. Raina picked her up and showered her face with kisses which caused her to giggle.

"So you are the surprise Clarice was talking about. Adrie and I were beginning to think she tricked us." Alexa said and Raina chuckled as she led the girls to take a seat on the dining table.

Ronald sat at the head of the table while Alexa and Adrie sat by his right-hand side and Clarice took a seat on his left-hand side.

Raina served them all after which she took a seat beside Clarice. She said a short prayer and they dug in.

They all enjoyed breakfast.

"I should get going. Thanks for the food, Raina." Ronald said as he rose to his feet.

"Wait, I have something for you," Raina excused herself and made her way to the kitchen.

Ronald took a glance at Clarice. She shrugged at him.

"Bye girls." He said as he approached Alexa and Adrie and kissed them on their cheek.

"Bye daddy"

"Bye." They said with their mouth full of bacon.

Ronald gave Clarice a hug after which he made his way to the living room.

"I made this for you in case you get hungry," Raina said as she handed him lunch wrapped in a brown paper bag.

"Thank you." He whispered. He was surprised but he accepted the lunch.

Her eyes met his tie again. She groaned as she moved closer to him and adjusted it.

"You are good to go now!" She smiled and turned to leave.

"Wait." Ronald stopped her from trying to escape.

He reached for his wallet in his pocket, took one of his credit cards, and handed it to her.

"Use that for your shopping, buy all that you and Adrie will need."

She was reluctant to accept the card which made Ronald grab her right hand and place the credit card in her palm.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"You are welcome. Don't worry about the price, just buy, okay?"

"I will see you guys in the evening."

...............................................................................

"How did you do it?" Clarice asked Raina.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused as they did the dishes together.

"No matter how much I persuade him, he never stayed for breakfast." She said to Raina with a smile plastered on her face.