Odair 0.1

My hands trailed against the window as I watched the small children run in the sun that I so fondly remember

My hands trailed against the window as I watched the small children run in the sun that I so fondly remember. I watched as the waves hit the beaches edge, I wished to feel the soft sand and the waves, but it has been so long ago, so long ago when I was still Calla Hember, the soft spoken girl of district 4 but that was long before I was a tribute in those sick games. I sighed as I walked to my door, but this was the day I was gonna end my fear. Snow can't get me now, I am safe, safe from the fear of mine. My hands shook slightly as I opened the door. The sun shone brightly in my eyes as I took in the fresh air, I looked around before walking to the beach. I got many stares of passing people, many I guess had thought they would never see me again others probably surprised I hadn't finished myself off. As I reached the beach, I dug my feet into the soft sand, the familiar scent of the water filled my nose. The same ocean smell that I got when I was small. I sat down rocking slightly, my hands wrapped safely around myself as I stared into the blue of the ocean, "Callalillie Hember?" I could hear the masculine voice call, my head swung to see Finnick Odair, I smiled gently at him before waving. "I thought you would never come out from that prison that you call a house." He joked, I remember this when Finnick and I were small, I could picture vividly us running around on the beach, smiling and joking around. "Hey, I'm a changed girl." I murmured, "Calla the games were 6 years ago.." His voice trailed off. "And I'm a different Calla now." I smiled as he took a seat next to me. "You still where that..?" He asked his eyes glued to my pearl necklace that hung around my neck. "William was my world, and now this is all I have left of him." I said as my hands felt the smooth round pearl that hung around my neck. "You've got to move on.." He told me, "Yeah, but it's so hard." I muttered, "Time for the quarter quell." He informed me, I nodded not using my words. "Wonder what they'll throw at us this time." He thought out loud, "Lets see right about now.." I murmured as the speakers in our district began, I zoned out for most of it, until Finnick started shaking me, "Huh..?" I asked his face was worried and had a expression that I could make out to be frustration. "We're going back into those games. Was all he said, I pressed my lips into a thin line as I started to shake again, my body could give up any moment now. I could feel myself collapsing and my eyes starting to give out into blackness, all I could see was now Finnicks face. 

I was back in the games standing in front of  the last tribute from district 1, Zander he was holding a knife sharp and violent. He had a look of hunger in his eyes. A hunger for blood not any but mine. I had killed Cleo, his fellow tribute. But I knew if I didn't kill her he would have instantly without hesitation. But with me, he had to be more careful I was tricky. "You know Calla it's time for you to go." His voice was laced with venom and hunger for victory. My breathing was heavy as he threw his knife, only just passing me, hitting a nearby tree. That was it he had no weapon to fight with except for his hands. I looked at my trident that I held tightly, he had a face of horror on as he began to run. I chased him quickly, finally getting him with my trident right in the gut, I could feel the fresh, warm blood pour onto my leg seeping through my torn clothing. It was silent, as if nobody expected the thin 13 year old girl from district 4 to be victor. I waited for the cannon to boom, but nothing came. Just silence, and then the soft growls sounded, and instantly I was running, I had known that I wasn't going to win. They were going to take me out with Mutts. I heard the growls and the roars of rage as I ran, my trident still was held with me, and suddenly there was pounce and I could see clearly who's eyes it was my fellow tribute Cambels but he didn't want to help me because in some sick way, he wanted to kill me now. Rip me to shreds tear me limb to limb give me a slow painful death. I looked into it's shiny eyes and I saw nothing, I saw the emptiness that all Mutts had, the look of defeat and rage. The look Zander had when I plunged my trident into his gut, and I knew that no matter what, even if I died I would live a life where I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for the killing I had done to survive, because in this arena that the Capitol made, you do anything to make it through alive. But know here I was about to die a painful death at the capitols sick hands. And like that the mutt tore into my leg, I left out a piercing scream, before I was awoken.

Finnick held my close to his chest rocking me, as I was silent. "Still have nightmares too?" He asked softly. "All the time." I murmured into his chest. "Me too." He told me. And I knew in some sick way this is what the Capitol wants, to break people down and let them live their life, because they want people to know who is in control, and some how they are. They live the life of luxury and they take children sacrifice them off for entertainment and then return the victor as if nothing has ever happened. But they know that when they return that kid, they are never the same. They have changed into something scary, and the scary part is that thing is them. "Calla, they can't get you now." He whispered softly. "But they can Finnick, they are." I stuttered, "They will but they can't hurt you as much now, because I'm here." He told me comforting me. I didn't respond just continued to snuggle into his arms, because it was the safest place I thought I could possibly be. "You know why Calla?" He asked, I shook my head slightly.

"Because you Callalillie Hember and I Finnick Odair, are already broken, and they can't break something that is already broken, so all they can do is fix it." He spoke.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed, so if you guys haven't gotten the hint yet, this is a Finnick Odair Fanfic! 

For now that's it, it's you author signing off!

-Jessi