Sixteen

A.N Sorry for the long wait on this. I was a bit tired from my surgery on Wednesday but now I'm back and I'm totally fine.

------------------------------------------

After I went and got my cut on my head looked at properly I decided to visit Steve before I went to meet Tony and Bruce in the lab. I knocked on his door and he answered looking like he just got up from a nap. I smiled and put my hands behind his neck pulling him towards me so I could connect our lips. He was surprised at first but soon kissed back. I smiled into the kiss as he pulled me into his room and shut the door behind me. My fingers roamed in his hair as his hands rubbed up and down my back.

"Well hello to you too." He mumbled into the kiss before we pulled away.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see you before we got bombarded with The Cube stuff." I said softly with me still in his arms. Just the feeling of being with him made me want to melt. He smiled and looked at the clock.

"What time you meeting Stark?" Steve asked looking back to me.

"In about 10 minutes, why?" He then pulled me closer and connected our lips again. His kisses occasionally going to my jaw. Never knew he could be this intimate. "Steve we can't." I pushed him off lightly."We're in the middle of a war. I don't want our first time to be rushed because of that. I want our first time to feel right and not rushed. I love you, Steve I just don't think now is the best time." He sighed and looked down at his feet.

"I suppose your right. Plus Stark might just hate me if I'm the reason you're late." I sighed as I knew he was gunna bring that up.

"He's just wary of you, Steve. That's all. He cares about me and probably doesn't wanna see me hurt."

"I think he should get it into his thick skull that I would never hurt you ever." He tightened his grip on me and I put my hands on his chest.

"I know that. But he doesn't. He'll take a while to get used to you. Just try and be nice." I said and pecked his lips.

"Fine. But only for you." I smiled and kissed him once more.

"That's my little soldier." He smiled and let me go so I could meet Tony. I walked to the lab and saw Bruce scanning Loki's staff. It was beautifully made I'll admit that, but still had some evil aspect to it.

"Hello you two." I said walking in and Bruce smiled at me.

"Ashley, catch" Tony threw me a blueberry and I caught it in my mouth. "Bullseye!" Tony cheered and I laughed walking up to Bruce's desk.

"Shouldn't you be working?" I asked Tony and he rolled his eyes.

"I am, technically working there's just, not alot to work on." He said stuffing another blueberry in his mouth.

"Oh really?" I asked him and he nodded. "Bruce is there anything I can help with?"

"Uh you can type some stuff in the computer for me." I smiled at him and walked behind his desk and to his computer.

"Aye aye captain!" I playfully saluted and Tony laughed as Bruce scanned the staff.

"The gamma readings are definitely consitent with Selvig's reports of the Tessearct. But it will take weeks to process." Bruce explained as Tony set his blueberries down and went over to another computer.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around 600 terraflops."

"All I packed was a toothbrush." Bruce said making me smile as I typed.

"You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it. It's Candy land." Tony said walking over to us.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York, I kinda broke Harlem." I felt really sorry for Bruce as he never asked for things to happen the way they did. Take the Hulk away and he's a nice guy that just wants to do good for the world.