Entry 2: The Sakura Man's Identity

GENRE: Romance and Fantasy

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to own everything. Perfect life, perfect career and even perfect partner; that was all her wish but neither one of them became hers instead she gained failures that pushed her to create something out of beyond ordinary.

After that, she faced death. It was the end of her life but it was not the end of what she created.

July 31, 1499

Dear Ryoma,

I am aware that when you read this I would probably asleep in my coffin but this was my one and only chance to say that because of you I gained everything.

Actually, the main reason of creating you was to please the person that I really liked since grade school but I never thought that you would change me and that was the reason why I wished to have another life. Another chance to live…

If you are still reading these, please don’t cry.

I can assure that I have those silly smiles here in heaven. Just don’t forget to pray, okay?

By the way, I have a present for you. It’s not a small or large gift as anyone would expect but I know that as the time passes by, you will see it.

That is my answer to your everyday question.

                                                                                                Truly yours,

                                                                                                    Sakura

I don’t know what she meant to say but there’s nothing I can understand except from the fact that I lose her. As her servant, I want to stay beside her even though she’s not alive but I always wonder is this my will? Or am I stating it because she is my master?

Am I afraid to face the world without her? Can I live without her?

Those are the questions encircling in my head. I don’t know what to do or what to say but in her last breath she told me that I have the freedom to choose what I want but there were rules that I need to follow.

First, I need to deny her. Erase all the memories we shared of. Second, I need to control my emotions. Did I really have those emotions? What were those feelings? Was it only happiness or sadness? And finally, the last part was I need to find the gift she never gave to me.

If I can withstand those rules, I can live in the real world that denied her.

September 01, 1499

 “Who are you?”

This was the first question that slipped from my mouth after her death. I can still remember that once she told me that instead of asking the person on the other line, I must first say ‘Hello’ or bid a greeting of ‘Good morning’ if it’s still morning.

The man replied. “I am Shiki. Her best friend, who am I speaking to?”

Instead of answering him on the phone, I asked him with an angry tone.

“Why are you calling her?”

Then there was silence.

I don’t want to be rude but I don’t like him. I really don’t.