As I look hard at Michael, my voice comes out harsh, "He will not take Anna or my unborn child from me."

"And if it costs you your life?" Michael asks?

"I'm already dead. This is my resurrection," I say before turning and walking away.

It was true, the second Anna was taken on that ship my heart stopped and my thoughts focused on her, our unborn child, and killing Benton. He's gone too far now to walk away, I'll make sure of it.

There was no use on waiting, every hour passed means another hour that Benton is ahead of me. Charlie understood that, understood what it's like to love someone so much you'd walk through inches of snow in the freezing cold to reach them. McTaggart on the other hand seemed to only grow tired of the cold.

"Remind me, Charlie. Why are we doing this exactly? Chasing this bastard Benton. It's a waste of time. He'll be long gone," McTaggart asked Charlie as they walked multiple steps behind me.

I'll admit, by now my feet were practically knee deep in snow and the cold was sure to frost bite any exposed body parts. But, it'd only get worst from here.

"Well, Harp's not gonna let Benton harm Miss. Anna or their unborn child," Charlie said behind me.

It seemed neither one of them knew I was listening, mostly because I wasn't even sure I was listening. Usually, my mind went blank or flashes of Anna seemed to come to mind, pushing me on. Now, I was catching every word of theirs like I needed too.

"Yeah, but we're all going to perish, Charlie. Could freeze the bones off a brass monkey where we're going," McTaggart said, holding his coat close around him.

"Did you ever search for something that you're afraid you might find? A man's hopes are a dangerous thing, McTaggart."

"Really?" McTaggart asked, proving he had never loved someone before. Minus maybe his bar, brandy, or killing. His voice paused for a minute and I was grateful to think he might actually shut his mouth.

I was sadly mistaken, and so was he.

"I like Anna, I really do. But if I'm being honest here, Benton's probably chopped her up into wee bits a long time ago. She'll be the meat ingredient in a good soup-"

At hearing his words, my feet circled back and charged for an un-looking McTaggart. By the time he looked up, I had my fists around his throat and pinned him to the ground. I could feel my breathing get heavier as I stared coldly into McTaggart's fearful eyes.

Charlie tried to stop me from doing something I'd regret. "Harp, he didn't mean it! He didn't mean it, Harp! The man's just at the end of his rope, is all!"

For only a second I consider squeezing him hard enough to knock him out and leave his ass here. But, I found myself releasing him instead, causing McTaggart to gasp for air.

"You bite your tongue or I'll bite it off," I hiss at him as I stand. Immediately I start walking again, my mind returning to Anna. "You turn back. This is my fight, not yours."

Neither one listened. Both followed me, like I'm sure they'd follow me through Hell if I asked them too. And I was grateful, but without Anna around to keep me... tamed, I was a loose cannon. She seemed to pull me back, but never hold me back.

She was smart in knowing when it was time to kill and time to talk. Or time to shut up and listen.

I remember as a boy I'd see couple walk around or a man talk about his wife and never could imagine loving someone that much. To have them be your everything so much so that you'd die for them if it meant they'd be safe.

If Benton showed up right now with Anna and offered to set her free in exchange for me, I'd take it in a heartbeat. She'd be safe and our unborn child would be safe.

Even though up till recently Grace and Anna weren't that close, I knew Grace would take care of them. She'd make sure Anna would keep her cool long enough for me to find them. But I also know my wife enough to know she'd probable not making it easy for her.

When a snow storm had crept on us and night was fast approaching, I realized that Charlie and McTaggart were slowing down.

As much as I wanted to push on, these two wouldn't leave me and they needed heat, food, and sleep. Something I needed too.

I managed to find a secure spot away from the storm in a large cave. Somehow we managed to start a fire and rest to eat.

Between the night and the storm, it'd seem pointless to continue on. So, Charlie and McTaggart took out the few furs we had and rested in the snow by the fire. I, though, seemed to find myself away from them.

Faster than I would have liked, I drifted to sleep, letting my dreams capture me.

I moved quickly through the burning village, my eyes racing to keep up with everything around me. People were running and screaming as the fires crept around us like a circle.

My eyes spotted her though. Her brown hair that had grown over shoulder length now. Her piercing eyes searched the burning area for something.

It was only when both of our eyes met did a smile form on her face. She was looking for me as much as I was looking for her.

Suddenly, the sound of two shotguns going off and the familiar sight of her body jolting and her smile fading, made my feet kick into gear.

"No!" I yelled, racing towards her as her body fell to the ground. I couldn't get to her though, the darkness pushing me farther and farther away. I reached and clawed for her but it was no use.

I suddenly jolt awake, my mind needing a minute to register where I was. My breath turned heavy for a minute while my eyes filled with tears.

It was just a dream. I can reach them before something happens.

Morning had hit and the storm outside had stopped, seeming to keep the cold though. I used the morning sun to calm my body and mind down, sucking back in the tears and pain.

Once I had pulled myself back together, I sat up and looked over at a still sleeping Charlie and McTaggart.

"Charlie?! Charlie! Get McTaggart. We've gotta keep moving."

I watch as Charlie and McTaggart grab the furs and drape it over themselves before following me back out of the cave. The snow has stopped falling but has collected on the ground more so then before.

"Harp! Dare I ask, when we get to Moose Fort, what's our plan? 'Cause you know that place will be rammed with Redcoats!" McTaggart yells from the back of the line that's somehow been created.

"The man makes a good point," Charlie agrees.

My words don't come out, annoyance has somewhat taken over.

"Harp!" McTaggart yells, making me stop and turn to him.

"What?" I half yell back, looking at him angrily. This man doesn't know when to shut up.

"We're gonna need an army."

"Fine," I answer back, turning and returning to the journey through the snow. "Let's go get an army."

Hope you enjoyed Declan's POV. As you can see, sometime the chapters will be a bit shorter but my hopes are to update more often.

Let me know how you think this will end for Declan and Anna and their unborn child?