A Christmas 'Crisis': Part 2

Anika nervously went around the house. Her room had been visited by a tornado, as expected. She looked at her wadrobe. It usually looked like a nest but right now it was all empty. Gauri wasn't here and Anika was slightly weak, on the dressing up department. To top it all she was not even receiving Anika's calls. Where was she when Anika needed her the most?

She looked at her phone. Shivaay could be here at any moment. Sighing, she decided to just be casual. His mistake he asked her so late.

Picking up a pair of black jeans and a red crop top to go with it (because it was Christmas!), she began combing her hair. Humming to herself, she walked out to the kitchen. Before she could, the bell rang. Her eyes widened as she realised how real all of it was. Quickly walking to the door, she opened it to find Shivaay there. He smiled at her warmly and Anika swore that did something to her insides. She was seeing him smile after so long. She automatically smiled back.

When he looked at her expectantly, she smiled sheepishly. "Can youwait for a few minutes? I'll need to clean the house a bit before I leave."

Shivaay shrugged and Anika let him inside, walking to her room. She turned to find Shivaay akwardly standing, looking around.

"You can sit, you know."

"I am used to people giving me a little more attention that that." Shivaay scoffed and sat on the couch making Anika grin.

---

Shivaay and Anika were now in his car, driving to a place Shivaay claimed was a 'surprise'.

There was an awkward silence, none knowing how to begin conversing. At one point, both finally gave in and spoke up, at the very same time.

"I am sorry!"

Shivaay looked at her for a split second before turning to the road again. "What are you sorry about?"

"You tell me, what brings Shivaay Singh Oberoi to a point where he is apologising to an employee."

Shivaay sighed. "If you've forgotten, we are not actually bound by our professions as of now. We are two acquaintances, for the lack of better term, spending Christmas together. You can stop taunting me about my work ethics."

"Okay fine. But do tell me, I am curious."

"The file that I gave to you on weekend-"

"Oh my God! You finally understood how wrong it is to ruin someone's weekend."

"No! The note that you found inside it."

Anika stiffened.

"I am so sorry you had to see that. Rudra had been upto his usual mischief. Decided that it would be fun seeing his brother asking someone out on a date."

On receiving no answer from Anika, he frowned.

"I could feel the sarcasm in your 'yes, why not!' I should have been careful."

"Well you should know, I didn't write that reply on my behalf."

"Sorry what?"

"I thought Tanya was asking you out on a date so I-"

"Wow, I am not sorry anymore. I just wonder how I am surrounded by the weirdest people in my life."

"Tell me, you aren't taking me out for dinner because of that note, are you?"

Shivaay rolled his eyes. "No. I told you earlier. Two loners spending Christmas together."

Anika nodded and they fell into silence once again.
Minutes later, Shivaay stopped the car at a rather quiet road and Anika looked at him curiously. "Murdering me, Mr. Oberoi?"