‍ ‍ ‍ "am i some kind of a babysitter?"

‍ ‍ ‍ when he didn't reply to your question and continued to make his way out of the hot tub, tightening the knot on the towel placed on his torso to make sure it wouldn't fall, you couldn't help but scoff. it was hard to shake the unease knot making a scene on your stomach but you knew ran never accepted your declines.

‍ ‍ ‍ "is there something bothering you? your quietness is making me worry," you asked as he sat on the small wooden chair while you sat behind the male on the concrete of the hot tub, letting the male lean more between your legs and fought the urge not to snuggle your face on the crook of his neck.

‍ ‍ ‍ slowly spreading the shampoo on your hand, the soft touches of your fingers across his scalp made him shiver when you started to massage his hair, finding it a little bit ticklish but relaxing at the same time. "i already contacted ran about the current problem just a few minutes before my phone died, he'll be here in just an hour but i've been thinking of staying here for the night, i wanted to learn more from this town."

‍ ‍ ‍ with a contented sigh, you slowly poured the water to rinse the soap on his hair. it wasn't that long before ran stood up with a small smile, leaning closer to your face until there were only inches left. "thank you. i'll do the same thing as you did, let's swap places."

‍ ‍ ‍ a loud gasp escaped through your lips when the purple-haired found his hand traveling to your waist and legs, lifting you away from the ground. "rindou! what are you doing? i'm not gonna hesitate to throw a punch if you slip!" you shouted, watching him running back to the tub while your other hand was wrapped around his shoulder and the other one was securing the towel wrapped around your body, silently hoping it won't slip away.

‍ ‍ ‍ "someone's peeking." the purple-haired whispered, lifting you more closer to him to steal a lot of kisses on your cheeks and spinning you along with himself. "should i place you back down? or go ahead, and walk back to the changing room?"

‍ ‍ ‍ as much as you hated to admit it, it always felt fortunate to have him by your side but your insecurities were too strong for you to hold back— that it wasn't supposed to end up this way and that the two of you shouldn't even be living together in the first place. maybe it was a good time to tell yourself to stop holding on to him because there was no reason to, anymore but the butterflies that he gives couldn't be ignored, or was it just your attachment issues? well, you may not know who you are but your heart knew your feelings towards him starting to grow more and more.

‍ ‍ ‍ “what’s with the sudden occasion?”

‍ ‍ ‍ dinner with the haitani family— minus yuzuha, wasn’t always boring, it was somewhat worthwhile but also a tiring one. for the fifth time, you heaved a sigh as you fixed your hair in the reflection of your face to your cellphone’s screen. you were dressed in a simple outfit, a sky blue sweater with a white plain shirt underneath. your father had stated they had invited you for their family dinner with slight proposal arrangements, so there were no formalities needed. 

‍ ‍ ‍ “i’m afraid i might spoil the fun but taiju and i have something to announce. in just a few minutes, we’ll be arriving at their house. please behave yourself in the meantime.” your father replied with a graceful smile, rubbing his thumb to your hand. 

‍ ‍ ‍ “yes, father.”

‍ ‍ ‍ hakkai snapped out of his daze, clearing his throat. “they’re setting you up, y/n.”