Shot 2

Nandini was crouched in her bed reading her favourite novel for the 10th time with sheets covering her completely. She corrected her spectacles as she turned the page blushing completely. For a moment she shuddered as her phone rang wildly in the middle of the night. She reluctantantly removed the sheets, and cursed the caller for disturbing her.

It was an unknown number. She wondered should she pick up? She kept staring at the number feeling not interested in picking up an unknown number. Call got disconnected. She was relieved. She kept her mobile phone in the original place and as she was about wrap herself up in her sheets, her phone rang again. She cursed the caller for the second time. Same number! She decided to pick the call.

Nandini - 'Hello...'

Caller - 'Nandini?'

Nandini - 'Yes. Who is this?'

Caller - 'I am Manik!'

Nandini - 'Which Manik?'

Manik - 'The one who gifted you your favourite novel'

Nandini - 'Oh, I am sorry! D...do you need your novel' she asked hesitatingly.

Manik -'Ha ha ha! Chill. Don't be scared. I just called you to ask if you are free tomorrow. Would you like to have cup of coffee with me sometime?'

Nandini hesitated. She hated to go out. She loved to stay inside and finish reading novel.

Manik - 'Just half an hour! This is definitely not a date, ha ha ha!'

Nandini - 'Okay'

The next day Manik brought his bike. He looked dashing. Nandini dressed normal and she got onto the bike without any fuss. As he drove, they went past multiple malls and restaurants. She was scared. Her voice got stuck when she tried to ask - 'Where are you taking me?'

He just smiled and said - 'Don't worry, I am not a kidnapper!'

And when he finished his sentence, he stopped in front of a building. It didnt look like a hotel.

'What place is this?' She asked.

'The very first book shop of this city which opened in 1950s. Thought you would like it?' He said.

She smiled widely. For the first time she felt something special about Manik in her heart. They both went inside. The building was old but it had lot of books. Nandini was electric when she stepped inside. She went from one row to another. She opened multiple books and read the excerpts and smiled every time she liked it.

'Come, sit here. Read it peacefully' said Manik.

Nandini felt butterflies in her stomach. Manik looked cute in her eyes. She could not believe what is happening to her!

He said he will come in five minutes and went outside. Nandini opened a book and started reading. She was not aware when Manik came back. He had to nudge her to make his presence notice.

She felt shy when he touched her. And she laughed seeing two cups of coffee in Manik's hand.

'So is this the place to have coffee?' She asked opening up laughingly.

'Not the right place. But best place for you!' He said.

They both laughed. After two hours, they decided to leave the place. But Nandini was upset for leaving.

Manik came forward and offered her a book, 'This is my second gift for you'

Nandini felt ecstatic receiving the book. 'Thank you so much!' She said with her cheeks reddening completely.

After reaching her place, she messaged him again thinking him. She was blushing as she typed the message.

He messaged back saying - 'Check the underlined words in the pages - 11, 21, 23, 51, 171, 201'

She immediately opened the new book and started flipping the pages. She found all the underlined words. And it made one lovely sentence - Will you be my girlfriend?

She called Manik at once. He received the call in one ring.

'Yes?' He asked.

There was a momentary silence.

Yes! She said.