‍ ‍ ‍ "there was traffic, okay? i thought there was a shortcut here." rindou shifted his view to you with a small frown. slight dust of red color slowly creeping on the tip of his ears, if it wasn't for him turning the lights inside of the car, you would've already witnessed his flustered look.

‍ ‍ ‍ you chuckled lightly, leaning your head at the window. "i never knew this would happen. luckily, i always had extra foods stuffed in my bag.

‍ ‍ ‍ "great. by the time the sun rises tomorrow, we'll get moving. you can lay on the backseat."

‍ ‍ ‍ "what about you?"

‍ ‍ ‍ "i'll sleep here on the driver's seat."

‍ ‍ ‍ "alright, alright. good night, ran!"

‍ ‍ ‍ a gentle smile grew on the purple-haired male face, his hands finding a way to ruffle the top of your head and then it faded when you crawled to the backseat. he watched every movement you made on the rear mirror, the way you adjusted your skirt that keeps moving up whenever you move as you lay on your side and the way you placed your head underneath your hands. a gentle blush painted his cheeks, watching over the two of you. it wasn't that long before you drifted to dreamland, the purple-haired doing the same thing as well.

‍ ‍ ‍ with cold sweat beads rolling down to your forehead, you slightly massaged your numb arms after forcing yourself to sit up straight. considering that the rain had already stopped, despite the cold air it sent, an hour must've passed by since you fell asleep. you could feel a slight headache brewing behind your eyes but ignored it, knowing how exhausted you were and how much of a painkiller you'd need if you wanted to go home right now. there was pure silence for a moment, just soft snores that escapes through rindou's mouth. you frowned your eyebrows at the sight of him shivering caused by the chilly air that came from the rain and began to crawl back to where you were sitting earlier, keeping everything quiet to avoid the male to wake up.

‍ ‍ ‍ one o'clock in the morning was displayed on your phone when you checked it, quickly putting your cellphone back to the pocket after seeing that there's still no signal and wondering what you would do now. hence, you absolutely had no idea on why you found yourself placing your cardigan to the purple-haired's chest. you felt shivers sent chills down throughout your whole body.

"have some good sleep, mr. haitani."

‍ ‍ ‍ "good morning, y/n."

‍ ‍ ‍ driving through the bumpy road carefully like an endless maze, the bright beam of the sunlight was the first one to greet you. "please shut your mouth for a moment. can you stop the car for a moment? for some reason, my body feels sore." you groaned, your head was pounding and it felt like you were going insane

‍ ‍ ‍ with tall trees displayed around, the road wasn't that easy to see. if you didn't know ran personally, you were one hundred percent sure that he'll dump your dead body after murdering you. "i'm planning to find a bathhouse or a small village around, not showering after waking up irks me. there are spare clothes on my trunk."

‍ ‍ ‍ "shower at the lake instead... you're not sure if you'll see a village in this forest."

‍ ‍ ‍ "me, an executive of bonten, will shower at the lake?"