‍ ‍ ‍ rindou chuckled at your hilarious behavior. stopping the car, he leaned back in his chair and kept his eye on the dark road that was supported by the headlight of the car, hoping that he would find a better solution to get the both of you out of here before you might get a heart attack. eventually, his thoughts started to get preoccupied with a lot of ideas— quickly starting to get blank as he was on the brink of dozing off. not only him but you as well, it wasn't until heavy raindrops started to pour. his eyes shot open to look around for a spot where he could drive without the risk of hitting a tree or getting stuck in mud, while also trying to find a way to not to make a ruckus, playing off that he wasn't bothered by what's happening,  it's like a reflex for him to take control over the situation when there is panic present in both of you. this brought his attention to you again who were blankly staring at the road, like you weren't panicking compared to earlier.

‍ ‍ ‍ you heard the male sigh under his breath while you watched him grab the umbrella from the backseat. "this isn't good. i'll go outside to check if there's a place to stay, stay here."

‍ ‍ ‍ "what? it's raining, let's stay here together!"

‍ ‍ ‍ "i have an extra gas but it's not enough, i can't bring the car with me. i needed you to look out for the car. it's safe inside here, make sure to lock the door while i'm gone." was all he said before opening the car, the umbrella protecting his figure to avoid him growing soaked in the rain, and in a second, he vanished in your eyesight, though you could still see a bit of him because of the flashlight that he was holding.

‍ ‍ ‍ "that bastard left me all alone," you whispered, covering both of your eyes, and started to sing the alphabet song to distract yourself from getting scared. that being said, it only worsens the mood that you're currently in. "there's no signal. right, it's a forest, what do you expect? i should've picked yuzuha's car instead."

‍ ‍ ‍ you were growing frustrated. the bright moon peeked through the city of tokyo while the dark clouds surrounded it. with the heavy raindrops pouring against the car that the earth sends, the windows were starting to fog up. to make everything more worse, it had already been an hour, and yet, the purple-haired's presence remained absent. you were sure he wasn't dead but it still made you uneasy, he had always seemed like a strong guy who could take care of himself without needing help from others. the sky was getting darker and darker as time passed by.

‍ ‍ ‍ it was as if like the world had almost ended when a loud knock on the window was heard. the male outside made a hand gesture, motioning you to open the door which you quickly did.

‍ ‍ ‍ "oh rindou! thank god, you're alive!"

‍ ‍ ‍ "seems like the gods up there still didn't want to take me," he laughed. "unfortunately, there's no villages or a place to stay in this forest. meaning, we'll have to spend a night inside the car."

‍ ‍ ‍ just like you predicted. you could already tell that the forest was dangerous by the number of tall trees dancing inside the forest and the two of you never knew if dangerous animals are out there to strike for their meals. either way, you don't know why or how, but his simple words eased your panicking thoughts. you pulled your knees up togehter without even questioning him further, though deep down inside you were asking yourself whether he's trustworthy or not, or if it's all just a game.

‍ ‍ ‍ "how'd you get lost in the first place?" you bit your lip, trying to hold back the waves of laughter that were forcing their way to come out.