TrUtH oR dArE

"How do you know what truth or dare is?!" Sophie asked, dumbfounded.

"It's a really popular game here! I can't believe we haven't gotten around to playing it with you yet. Wait, how do you know what it is?" Biana asked confusedly. 

"Humans invented it..." Sophie exclaimed, until she realized that it probably wasn't true. The Elves probably made it up, and taught it to the humans when they were in the alliance.

"Yeah, actually Elves invented it," Biana announced proudly, and Sophie grumbled.

"Well, how about we get started?" Fitz asked, breaking the tension.

"Yeah!" Keefe was relieved and said, "Okay, I'll go first! Biana, truth or dare?"

"Hmm, dare!" Biana  said.

"I dare you to... give Fitz a makeover!" Keefe grinned.

"Aww Keefe, come on!!! But, a dare's a dare," Fitz grumbled.

"Yay!" Biana squealed and set to work putting lip gloss, blush, eye shadow and mascara on Fitz. With the makeup, he really looked familiar...

"James Charles who?" Sophie exclaimed as she remembered one of her favorite YouTuber's from the Forbidden Cities!!

"What?" Everyone asked. 

"Oh nothing, Fitz with makeup just looks like one of my favorite people who make videos from the Forbidden Cities," Sophie said. Everyone looked confused but they just moved on. They did many more rounds of truth or dare, and finally they were on the last round. It was Fitz's turn to ask a question. 

"Biana, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth," Biana answered, kind of nervously but also excitedly.

"I dare you to tell me who you like."

Biana moved towards Fitz, her cheeks were a flaming red, and she whispered something to Fitz. It was clear to everyone who her crush was because Fitz was very unsubtle and looked right at the person. Keefe. Sophie sucked in a breath.

Everything was fine...Keefe was just a friend...Biana's my friend too, I want her to be happy...She deserves him, Sophie tried to think. But it didn't work. Her heart started to feel heavy and her stomach flopped. 

There was awkward silence for a while. Finally, Sophie couldn't take it.

"Sorry guys, I'm feeling really tired. I think I'm going to go to bed," she said and went to one of the seventeen guest bedrooms in the Vacker house.

Sophie tossed and turned for a while, but she couldn't fall asleep. She couldn't stop thinking about Biana and Keefe. She crept downstairs, not making a sound, and walked to the little midnight "enchanted" garden on the property. It was a dimly lit gazebo area surrounded by all sorts of beautiful flowers, with a glass roof so you could see the stars. Sophie sat down on a bench, and then...

"Hey, Foster," a weary voice said.