"Lord Braviss," said Savek with a grin. "I take it this is your handiwork?"

Braviss nodded. "They got in my way, so I killed them. But don't worry, the Republic won't be sending another patrol to look for them. Before I killed their squad leader, I used a mind trick on the weak-minded fool to call back to base and report no activity in this sector, simply a comms malfunction. After that, I stuck my lightsaber into his stomach."

The flames from the burning walker crackled behind her.

Savek looked down. The severed head of a warden droid lay at his feet. Lightly kicking the droid's head aside, Savek replied, "Stay your blade for now, my sister. I sense our target is close. I know his presence. Come with me." He turned left, and walked past Braviss, the scouts right behind him. Braviss soon followed.

A few minutes passed. Soon, the group came up to a large stone complex in the middle of the forest. It was an ancient vault constructed by the alien Rakata millennia before. The Rakata and their Infinite Empire had ruled the entire galaxy until their mysterious downfall. The vault doors appeared to have been blasted open with a large quantity of explosives.

Darth Savek stepped into the vault. The ceiling went about 30 meters up. Darth Braviss and the scouts followed him. Up ahead, they saw a small group of aliens, Esh-kha. The Esh-kha looked like a mutated crossover between a cow and a rat. Standing over six feet tall, the Esh-kha armed themselves with blaster rifles and electrostaffs, poised for combat. Savek raised a hand, telling Braviss and the scouts to stop. He lowered his hand to his belt, gripping the hilt of his lightsaber. Unhooking it from his belt, Savek ignited his lightsaber, its bright red blade hissing to life. The Esh-kha raised their rifles, ready to defend themselves.

"None of these beasts will survive," sneered Savek.

Savek hurled his lightsaber towards the Esh-kha. The lightsaber spun as if it were a frisbee, hurling into the Esh-kha warriors effortlessly. Savek controlled the lightsaber's direction using the Force. In a matter of seconds, the Esh-kha were all cut down. Savek's lightsaber returned to his hand, deactivating. He put it back on his belt, and kept walking. Braviss and the scouts followed.

They came to a small room at the end of the vault's main hallway. The doorway was blocked by a force field. Braviss spotted a control panel next to the door, and extended her hand. She shot the control panel with a quick blast of Force lightning, frying it. The force field shut down, allowing them to enter.

Inside the room, there was a single man. He had deep blue skin, with blue hair that came down just above his eyebrows. His eyes were blood red, with no pupils. The man was an alien, a Chiss. The man wore what every prisoner on Belsavis was wearing: a yellow and gray raggy tunic, with a shock collar attached to the back of his neck. The Chiss was sitting on the ground with his legs crossed, as if meditating. He looked up and saw Darth Savek before him. As if recognizing Savek, the Chiss immediately scrambled to his feet, standing at attention like a soldier.

"Senoru," said Savek with a slight grin. "It's been far too long, my old friend."

Senoru replied, "Indeed it has, my lord. It's a wonder I've been able to survive this dreadful place, what with the planetwide jailbreak and the Esh-kha running about." Senoru relaxed himself, beginning to approach Savek. "Why have you chosen to rescue me, my lord?"

"I needed someone with your experience and expertise to commandeer our warship," answered Savek. "You did a marvelous job aboard the Warmonger, and you're so young yet. To make admiral at only twenty years old! It's only been three years since then. You were the youngest appointed admiral in the history of the Sith Empire. It'd be a real shame to waste your talents, rotting in this cesspit."

"You mean--" Senoru stuttered. "You mean you've come here to recruit me again? My lord, I would be most honored."

"Excellent," said Savek. "Welcome back, Admiral Senoru."

Senoru bowed respectfully. Savek turned and began to leave, with Senoru, Darth Braviss, and the four scouts behind him.

....

Back in the clearing, Darth Savek, Darth Braviss, the four scouts, and Admiral Senoru were boarding the shuttle to return to the Shadow's Fist.

"Take us back up," said Savek to the pilot. The shuttle lifted off, its wings turning downwards again to form the A-shape. The shuttle shot into the sky, heading back into space.

Upon returning to the Fist, Admiral Senoru quickly showered and got dressed into an Imperial officer's uniform. The rank badge on his chest marked him as an admiral. Putting on his officer's cap, Senoru walked to the front of the ship's bridge. He stood at the helm, feeling more at home. Senoru looked out the viewport at Belsavis. Darth Savek come up behind him.

"Happy to be back, I see," commented Savek.

Senoru nodded, not turning to face him. "Indeed, my lord. I must say, she is a very fine vessel. May I ask where we're going next?"

Darth Savek stepped in front of Senoru at the holoterminal before him. He pressed a button on the control pad, and a holographic image of a man in armored robes appeared.

"Master Vasto Sykon of the Jedi Order," he began. "This man has been a very painful thorn in my side for years. I have dueled him several times, and every single time we have ended in a draw. Master Sykon leads a group similar to the Shadow's Hand, known as the Hammer of Light. The difference is that they are still part of the Republic. They have Jedi, Republic soldiers, and even their own smuggling ring. The Hammer is an elite fighting force whose sole purpose is to hunt down and destroy the Hand. I killed Sykon's former Jedi Master on Devaron. After he heard of his master's death, Sykon formed the Hammer of Light to honor his memory."

"So, this Master Sykon is our target?" asked Admiral Senoru.

Savek nodded. "My spies tell me Master Sykon is on board the Hammer's flagship, the Vindicator, which is currently in orbit over Shola. What they're doing on Shola, we don't know. But I know Master Sykon. He's up to something..."  

Savek turned off the holoprojector. "Admiral," he said loudly. "Set a course for Shola. I will contact the rest of our fleet to meet us there."