The Third Time - Stomach Flu

The third time Matt was sick was when he caught the stomach flu.

"Mr. Murdock?" The judge asked when he stopped talking. There was a funny feeling in his stomach that he was sure wasn't nerves. Recognizing it as nausea, he starts towards the doors of the court room. A few shouts follow him out.

"Mr. Murdock! Where are you going?!? Court is still in session!"

"Matt! What's going on?" 

"Where is he going?!? He's my lawyer!"

"Mr. Nelson, make sure Mr. Murdock returns," Matt hears the judge tell his friend.

"Yeah, ok," Foggy says, running after Matt who is now moving quickly.

"Matt, where are you going?" He asks when he catches up to his partner. Foggy notices his friend is pale and sweating. 

"Fog, where's the washroom?" Matt asks urgently.

"What, you couldn't wait?!? Matt! We have a case right now!" Foggy scolds his partner. 

All thoughts  of being mad at his best friend are gone when Matt suddenly lurches forwards, vomiting onto the carpeted floor.

"Oh gross!" Foggy exclaims, jumping back.

The doors of the courtroom were still wide open and everyone could see Matt. Foggy grabs his friend and pulls him towards the washroom, away from the eyes of everyone in the courtroom. He pushes Matt into one of the stalls just in time for his stomach to rebel again, splattering half digested pizza on the floor in front of the toilet.

"Hey, Matty. It's ok. Come on, get it up," he says, rubbing his friends back. When Matt's stomach finally calms down, he collapses back against Foggy, completely drained of energy.

"Hey, I'm going to go tell them you can't do this today. Just stay here," Foggy says, patting his friend on the back. Matt groans in response and waits for Foggy to return.

"Hey Matty. I'm back. The judge says we can reschedule and hopes you better. Let' get you home. Come one," Foggy says and hauls his friend up. Grabbing a couple pieces of toilet paper, he wipes Matt's mouth clean and flushes the toilet even though most of the mess is on the floor.

"F'ggy," Matt moans, his fever making his words slur.

"Hey, come on, Matty. Almost there," Foggy says, half carrying his friend out of the courthouse. He hails a taxi, thankful that the man will take them even though Matt looks pretty drunk.

"F'ggy. Do't feel w'll," Matt slurs. 

"Hold on, Matt. We'e almost there," Foggy tells his friend.

"F'ggy, we f'rgot m'cane," Matt says, gaining his friends attention.

"We'll get it next week. I'll help you see, don't worry," he says, ignoring the cabbies questioning glance.

"We're here, come on, Matt," Foggy says, taking his friends arm. Matt stumbles along beside him. Foggy unlocks the door and sets Matt down on the couch while he locks it and takes his shoes off. He brings Matt to his bedroom and helps his friend change out of his soiled clothes. 

After tucking his friend in and putting a garbage can beside his bed, Foggy heads back to the kitchen to make some lunch. But not before pausing to lay a hand on his friends shoulder.