i. Happy Birthday!

"Happy birthday to you!" The group has finished singing.

"Make a wish, Sean." said Kaycee, she was holding the cake with a sweet smile.

Sean closed his eyes. A year ago, he would wish for happiness, contentment, and inner peace like he does every time but this year, it's different.

I wish I don't lose the person standing right in front of me.

He opened his eyes and blew the candle. There was a loud cheers from his friends. Kaycee put the cake down and gave him a warm hug.

"Happy birthday, John." she whispered. It was one of the few nicknames she randomly gave him.

They bursted into laughter. Charlize, who was busy on her Instagram, looked up and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Inside jokes, I guess?" Bailey told her.

"Oh," she nodded and focused her attention back to her phone.

They were all occupied with their own businesses. Bailey and Tahani were seated on the dining table, eating the last few bites of their pudding while Julian, Josh, and Chloe were poking around the stack of gifts that Sean had received from his fans.

"Oooh, I wonder what could this be?" Julian said, amused, as he found the smallest one in the stack. It was wrapped in red and felt very light. Written in front was, "Just in case. Happy birthday, Sean! - @s3anlew.jpg"

Julian snorted.

"What?" Josh raised an eyebrow.

But Julian ignored him, he doesn't want to look so dirty-minded – not especially in front of his girlfriend, instead, he just continued poking around.

Suddenly, an idea popped in Tahani's mind. Her face lit up and she immediately ran upstairs to her room, leaving Bailey surprised and confused. After a few minutes though, she's already back, a bathroom towel dangling over her shoulder.

"Hey guys, wanna go for a swim?"

* * *

"AHHH! Cold, cold, cold," Bailey jumped a little. She just dipped her toe in the water to test it.

It's almost two in the morning yet they were outside the Lew's second house to go and try to "swim."

"Guys, there's no freaking way I'd get in in that. This is stupid." She turned to go back inside.

"Aww, no fun!" Tahani pouted.

"Come on, Bails, it's not like you to back down from a challenge." Josh said.

"Uh, yeah, because I don't wanna be like Jack and die from hypothermia, duh." Bailey rolled her eyes. "Come on, let's just go back inside and watch movies or something."

"But where's the fun in that?" Julian spoke up. The next thing they knew, he had already jumped in the pool in his boxers.

Bailey gasped while the others stood in amazement. Julian emerged from the water, completely pale and lips turning into a light shade of blue.