Better kept a Secret (Valentines Day)

A/N: Hi! Thanks for giving my work a try! The italics are thoughts and the bold are also thoughts but they are just in bold for emphasis. Hope you enjoy!

      It's Valentines Day. An overly nauseating feeling of loneliness sits in your stomach.  You could send as many valentines out as you liked but you had a feeling nothing would be sent your way.  By noon you still had nothing. No letter, no compliment not even an owl from home. It was bound to be a long day. You had only sent one note, to a special person. It's better kept a secret who it was to. It is unlikely he'd read it anyways, he was sure to receive hoards of notes today and you didn't even know if he considered you a friend or just an acquaintance.

Besides the continuous note passing and the flower giving, the day proceeded as normal. Dropping your charms books onto the desk unenthusiastically you sit in the row behind Anna-Laura. That was a mistake.

"Oh, I am sure to receive a note from Oliver for sure. I know he fancies me," her sweet yet boastful voice drips with confidence as she talks to another student. "I can't wait to hear what he wrote."

You roll your eyes as your mind subconsciously wanders.

If Oliver Wood wrote me a letter what would it say?

Dear Y/N...

No.

Bloody hell, you can't do that.

It'll make your day so much worse. Imagining Oliver complimenting you would only give you a fleeting sense of happiness before a long period of misery. Distracting yourself you looked over your notes for class.

You heard the same speech throughout the day from multiple girls.

"He is always so kind to me," said Layla.

"Have you seen how he looks at me?" asked Jade.

"Oliver likes a lot of girls, but me best," comments Aida.

That wasn't even proper English, but you got the idea.

You passed Oliver a few times throughout the day. He seemed overwhelmed, probably due to the fact he had girls swarming him left and right. Today was definitely not the day to pester him. You had said all you needed to in your letter.

What could he possibly say in the letter to you?

Ack! No!

It wasn't worth the agony, or was it?
You shook the thought from your head. Maybe you just needed to go play Quidditch or something. You saw a group of Y/H students headed that way, so you joined them.

Last night you had tucked your note into his Quidditch robe. His Gryffindor patch has a small hole where it was sewed in. Last night you snuck it the small crevice between the robe's fabric and the patch.

Your day actually started to look up as it came to a close. No, you hadn't received a note or anything, but the panic setting in the girls was nothing short of hysterical.

"I'm sure it just got lost. I'm sure of it!"
Anna-Laura assured herself out loud.

"I thought... he was so nice... is he gay?" Layla questioned.

Yikes, you sure hope not, but if he was you'd support him anyway. It would just make your everlasting crush extremely awkward.

"Maybe he thought I don't like him and he's shy," Jade mentioned.

"I AM HIS FAVORITE, I KNOW IT!" Aida screamed when someone mentioned their wooden artwork nearby.
——————
The day was officially over. You headed to your dorm. The wind was chilly so you pulled your school robe closer to you.

Wait, what was that.

You felt something poking you under your robe. Looking down, you saw a hole. A vaguely familiar hole. The same sort of hole that was on Oliver's Quidditch robe. Inside was a piece of paper.

Don't lose it Y/N, it has to be a coincidence. It has to be.

You open the letter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Y/N,

Thank you for the note. I knew you wrote it from the way you slant your letters to the left and curl the tips of the Ls like you do in class. It means a lot to me you think I am a "outstanding influence" as you put it. It's ironic since that's how I feel about you. You're a positive, sweet and caring girl. You're passionate about Quidditch and I love that. You're always trying to see the good in things. I know it's not always easy for you, but you're the real inspiration here. Sorry, the note is late. I had a hard time sneaking off by myself to hide it. I'd appreciate it if you would give me the privilege of treating you to a butterbeer at Three Broomsticks sometime. Just the two of us.
Happy Valentines Day, Y/N
Oliver Wood
P.S. sorry about the hole, I sorta stole your robe when you were out playing Quidditch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you had some hope after all.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it!