Chapter 29

Holy sh*t, it's been over 3 months since I updated this story, I apologise for my inconsistency, this is due to a lack of inspiration at the moment, and a loss of interest if I am completely honest, but I'll finish this story because I know you guys are relying on me to finish, and that's what I'm going to do. Even if I die, I'm going to keep publishing from hell, assuming the happy hotel has good reception! 😂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

"Okay let's see what we got..." I muttered to myself as I typed away on my computer looking through the Shinjuku district for places hiring, but it didn't look to good at all.

There were jobs for convenience store clerks, cashier for retail stores, housekeepers, receptionists, restaurant waiter, factory worker, catalogue delivery etc. there were too many to count, but I didn't exactly like the sound of them.

However, it wasn't really my place to be picky since I needed a job if I wanted to stay in Villa Rosa Sasazuka, and going home wasn't an option for me, not since my last encounter with dad...

However I didn't want a job that involved communicating with too many people, so waiter, receptionist and retail was off the list.

Browsing through the many jobs available in my area, I found one job I thought I could handle doing, music store clerk. Sure, it's still retail, but people don't go to music stores all that often, so I could probably handle that.

'I'll have to email my resumé later' I thought to myself as I browsed through more, after all, there's no guarantee I'll get the job.

*ring* *ring*

I felt my phone vibrate on the table beside my computer, turning away from the bright screen, I looked to see the calller ID read "Chi". I decided to pick it up and answer.

"Hey, Chi" I greeted her as I clicked my mouse to minimised my internet browser. "Hey! I heard from Mr Mao that you've been looking for a new job" she said right off the bat.

'Oh no' I dreaded, 'is she gonna ask me to work at MgRonalds too?' I asked myself. "Yeah, I'm doing that now actually, I've found one I'm interested in" I told her.

"That's good to hear, I thought I would call because my aunt is a manager of a hair salon, I could get you an interview if you'd like" she told me. "I appreciate it, thanks" I replied.
"No problem! That's what friends are for, right?"

I blushed at her words, being called her friend made my heart flutter, y'know, since I didn't have many friends growing up because of my strict father.

"W-what's the matter, was it something I said?" Chiho asked me worryingly, I quickly replied so I didn't worry her. "Oh, no it's not that. Thanks Chi, I appreciate this" I replied.

"No problem! I better go, my shift starts soon" she told me, we exchanged our goodbyes and hung up the phones. Then I went back to the computer to look through other jobs going around.

My eyes widened at a particular advertisement. Labelled 'exotic dancer' at a strip club about 2 miles away from here. "Oh yeah, I should become a stripper" I laughed to myself.

*knock* *knock*

My face turned beet red when I heard someone knock at my door, I began to panic now, 'what if they heard me?!' I cursed to myself.

I got up and walked over to the door and opened it to see Emi looking at me with a small blush.

She heard me...

"H-hey, Urushihara wanted me to give you this" she said as she gave me a parcel. "You uhh... Weren't serious about... Y'know, were you?" She asked me.

"No, no, no! I was just joking to myself" I waved my arms in front of me in defence as I felt like I was about to vaporise from embarrassment right about now.

"I see... Well, see ya" she waved goodbye as she walked down the hallway towards the building's exit, after I closed the door behind me, I slid down the door and hit my head with the parcel she had given me.

I'm never joking to myself out loud. Ever. Again...

I opened up the package gently as I peered inside, it appeared to be a PC game. It was Fallout: Nuka World! I've wanted this expansion for so long!

There was a note attached to it.

—————————————————————

(Y/n)

I'll have someone take this to you, I would have done it myself but Ashiya is working me to the bone at this point for payment for this expansion I got you, I remember you said you'd always wanted it so I got it for you.

Happy gaming, Lucy

—————————————————————

I blushed as I read the letter, 'he really is the sweetest, I could just kiss him right now'. But I decided I'll wait till I see him next time, so I immediately ran to the computer to play the little add-on I've always wanted.