You shouldn't listen to anyone else

Fan meetings were fun. The awareness that so many people liked them and appreciated their work so much was amazing. And when an agency from abroad wanted them to go there to meet all those fans it was even more incredible. They were on a plane on their way to Malaysia. If not for the fans, it wouldn't be possible. Everything was settled. The program they rehearsed diligently, the trip, the hotel. They weren't alone of course. The minimum necessary staff members were going with them obviously. It felt good and save. Most importantly, it felt the best sharing this experience with Gun. The younger boy was asleep in a seat next to him, but Off was not tired, so he kept thinking about things. Mainly some recent happenings that were still on his mind.
***
Merely two weeks ago something changed in Gun's behaviour and Off was worried. The other boy came to work one day and didn't greet him like usual with a hug and  a kiss on the neck. He just said hello and kept his distance. At first, Off thought that maybe Gun is not feeling well and that's the reason why he is a bit reserved, but the boy kept talking with everyone else, but Off, so that made him seriously worried. When the older boy kept sending him confused glances, Gun started to act like normal, but stayed somewhat cold to him, refraining from any affections Off got used to on a daily basis. He never told anyone, but without having Gun hug him on every occasion, he felt like there is something missing. Something that was making him feel good and cheerful. Off didn't do anything at first, just tried to discretely place himself in Gun's way whatever they were doing, hoping he was just imagining Gun's sudden aloofness. Nothing happened though. No hug, no nuzzle, not even a playful nudge. The younger boy seemingly was not different, because no one really noticed, but Off felt almost ignored. Especially when they were not spending time after work too. Gun just happened to always have something else planned. Off tried not to think too much about it and just wait, but after a week of feeling neglected he couldn't stand it. On the other hand it wasn't like he could initiate anything himself, because it was always Gun doing it and he was just too shy to do that and too afraid of being rejected in this situation of Gun suddenly being indifferent like that. At the end of this awful week Off decided to talk to Gun, because he felt like he would crawl out of his skin if he was left without any answers over the weekend. So, Off run after the younger boy when he was leaving the office. Luckily there was no one in the corridor at that time.
- Gun? - Off touched the boy's arm timidly, trying to get his attention. - Gun, come get a dinner with me.
- P', I'm sorry, I already told the girls I'll go with them today. - he answered making an excuse as he did every day this past week. He smiled apologetically. - Maybe some other t...
- Are you avoiding me? - Off said sounding helpless and hurt.
- I'm, not. - Gun kept smiling and Off could tell it was not the happy smile he always saw on his face.
- Did I do something to upset you?
- No, why would you think that? - the older boy almost wanted to believe there's nothing the matter. Gun was that good of an actor, but the hurt and longing for their closeness reminded him that this is not normal for them.
- Because, you are so distant these days. You... You never hug me or... anything. - Off swallowed all his embarrassment, because it was so not like him to admit he kinda misses Gun and his overly affectionate behaviour. The other boy dropped his act of pretending he doesn't know what Off means and sighed. - Gun, what's happening? Please, just tell me. Did I do something?
- No, it's nothing you did. - he looked at his feet. - I just thought you would be glad I'm not annoying you.
- What? Why? When did I tell you you were annoying? Why would you think that? - Off was baffled.
- You didn't, but I could tell I'm annoying, constantly nagging you for attention and... other things.
- No. - Off frowned. - You never thought like that before, so why now?
- Isn't it true though? Aren't you feeling more comfortable without me pestering you? - Gun asked quietly.
- You've never made me uncomfortable. Why are you saying that? I... I can't stand you being so cold to me. - hearing this small confession Gun looked up at the other boy. He looked vulnerable and his eyes were glistening.
- Okay. I will tell the girls I'll go with them next time. - Gun said, and it was him agreeing to talk things out with Off, or so he hoped at least.