08 || Commotion at the Stadium

Start from the beginning

Katie scoffed. "But I know how to ride a broom. You taught me when I was nine."

But Chris just shook his head.

"Katerina, I am not letting you in that broom." he said sternly.

Ron twisted his eyebrows together. "Katerina?" he said confusedly.

"Yeah?" Katie replied. "That's me."

"Your full name is Katerina?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. I thought I said that when we first met Malfoy?" Katie said, though it sounded more like a question.

Ron shrugged. "I was too focused on the thought of punching the slick git in the jaw to realise."

"Never mind that. Go put this broom back in the shed." Chris rolled his eyes, handing the broom to his sister.

"No." Katie folded her arms and Chris raised an eyebrow. "If you're not going to let me ride the broom then you can put it back."

"Katie, no! We have to get at least an hour of Quidditch in. There's trials next week." Chris argued.

"Well then let me ride the broom!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No! I promised mum and dad that I would look after you, and I'm already in enough trouble with them. I don't want to be sent a Howler with mum screaming at me because you fell off a broomstick and broke your leg or something."

Katie rolled her eyes. "I'm not a baby, Christian! I don't need you looking after me."

"Maybe, but I promised mum and dad."

"Just let me on the broom!"

"We've been over this, I wouldn't let you on this broom even if my life depended on it."

Harry and Ron were awkwardly watching the brother-sister argument play out as they gave each other side wards glances. Oscar and Niall were in the air on their brooms, rolling their eyes.

"The longer you stand here arguing with me, the less time you have for practice. Just let me on the broom, Chris!" Katie snapped.

"Oi, Christian! Get your ass up here!" Niall yelled in his thick Irish accent. Chris gave his sister one last look before dropping the spare broom onto the ground and flying off.

Katie smirked and picked up the broom, but before she could get on, an ear-piercing squeal filled the stadium.

"Miss Blair! What on earth do you think you're doing?!"

It was Professor McGonagall. Her crazed eyes were bulging out of her head as she clutched her chest while running over to the three first years.

"What're — What — Give me that!" Professor McGonagall snatched the broomstick from Katie's hand, only this time, Katie didn't bite back.

"What on earth do you think you're doing, Miss Blair?"

Chris, Oscar and Niall sniggered together and this attracted McGonagall's attention.