2.21 Zuo ZhouLei - Fifteen

Start from the beginning

(Tian Ming)

To say Sage Shen Zheng was utterly stunned was an understatement; he did not realize that he was staring at the woman with his jaw wide open until she flicked a look of disgust at him.

"Is this mortal really Lei's shifu? Urgh... . What a rude uncouth man!" The female talked to the beautiful man by her side.

Then she unleashed a short wave of her qi; the pressure did not even last for half a breath, but it caused cold sweat to form on Sage Shen Zheng's back. If she wanted to kill him, he really believed he would have died in his dream.

Only then did Sage Shen Zheng finally compose himself and divert his gaze away, bowing in humility.

"Mortal!" The female wrinkled her nose, lifting her chin lightly, "There's a red lotus that will bloom in a few days time, you should know which one I'm talking about. It's the same red lotus that blooms once every decade in a lake three hundred miles south of Ru'an."

"Ming... ," the ethereal-looking man addressed the beautiful woman, but his tone carried definite politeness, "I am unable to sustain our existence in this mortal's dream any longer. More than this, the Heavenly King would suspect that we are interfering with this world."

"Hmph!" She grunted in displeasure, "You have previously spent so much time entering the dream of that other mortal woman anyway! What are you being so stingy for! Don't think I did not know that you have also tempered with her Dantians. I have not said anything as Lei, Bian, and I all owe you one."

She pointed her elegant long finger towards the still silent Sage, "Anyway, send your youngest disciple – the one with the monstrous talent. You know which one."

"If that little one found that red lotus and brought it back to you, you might be able to attain the enlightenment of the Dao to ascend to immortality. Remember: only that person must be the one sent to pick the flower."

Then as abrupt as it had started, the dream ended as darkness obscured his sight once again, as if a lone candle had been snubbed out in the middle of moonless night.

Sage Shen Zheng opened his eyes, still sitting in lotus position, his hand languidly placed on his lap. Dream or not, in it he seemed to still have his full awareness, the whole experience felt as if it was real. He was not even really sleeping when he was visited by the two deity-like personages, he was merely deep in meditation.

Were they really actually deities?

Nevertheless, he ended up sending Zuo ZhouLei to fetch the red lotus, while Shen Wei and a few of other disciples would go to the land of Yanshi to obtain some crystals to be made into weapons.

A while later, Zuo ZhouLei came back safely, but without the lotus flower. Sage Shen Zheng could not make heads or tails about what the young boy had told him,

"Shifu, there was no red lotus. The lake had dried up, and the whole ground seemed to have turned rotten."

Then Zuo ZhouLei mentioned about some wild grass emitting killing intent and malicious aura.

"Fortunately, as long I did not directly get in contact with them, they were just normal grass, so I managed to return safely," ZhouLei recalled his peculiar experience,

"I think it will be dangerous to unsuspecting people though... . Perhaps the sect can dispatch some people to barricade the area to prevent normal humans from entering? It is not a high-traffic area so there's not much visitors, but some cultivators may still pass through every once in a while... ."