2. Rain With Laughter

"Wakie wakie Amer," Scot jumps on my bed like every weekend once the sun begins to shine for a little while until it decides to hide under the thick fog again.

"Jeepers Scottie, you know how annoying this is?" I grab Scottie taking him by surprise and begin tickling him like never before. Scot giggles then laughs trying to escape my grasp. "Nuh uh, you're not getting away with this too easily, Scot Jeffry Stanley."

"No Amer" He squirms everywhere. I stop knowing full well that if I continued tickling him he'd cry and get me into, yet, another timeout. I just got out of one, don't need another one. I get out of bed running downstairs being followed by little Scot. The smell of waffles and bacon engulfs my senses as I enter the kitchen finding my Mom and Dad laughing together while making breakfast. I grin hoping onto a stool.

"Good morning," I smile greeting them as I got off again to help Scottie get on.

"Good morning Amber," My Mother smiles kindly at me and Scot.

"You finally woke up kiddo," My Dad grins hugging me and kissing my forehead like usual routine every morning. "Love you,"

"Ew Dad I'm twelve, I'm not a kid anymore." Love you too Daddy, I say inside my head smiling. Loving parents are the best.

"You will always be my little girl Amber. Now, both of you go wash your hands before I eat all the waffles and leave you with just the milk to drink," My Father grins mischievously, "with no cookies." Scot jumps off the stool.

"Nooo!" He shouts running towards the restroom to wash his hands. I follow him, watching Scot make a huge water mess. I sigh snatching a towel to clean the floor. Aren't I such a great sister? I should win the sister of the month trophy every month.

"Man Scottie, I know you're such a baby but please try to act like a...never mind." He wouldn't understand anyways. Scottie skips out of the restroom; I wash my hands and sit back on the stool with my family. "Do we really have to go with Uncle Will today? I don't want to go." I state clearly notifying them as my Mother hands me a plate with waffles and bacon. Mmm...looks delicious and is too.

"We're going to the cookout no matter what you say, understand young lady?" My Mother says, I don't reply back anything because clearly she just said it doesn't matter what I had to say, we're still going to the house of meanness. "Besides we won't stay too late you have school tomorrow anyways." Ugh, I demand to have a three day weekends from now on. I head upstairs to prepare myself for the cookout once I finish breakfast. I don't understand why they're having a cookout when I'm certain by lunch time the sun won't be strong enough to shine past the fog or mist.

I take deep breaths before getting inside the car. Everyone was already dressed properly to meet Uncle Will and his wife Aunt Mel. I slid in the car wishing we could rather go to the zoo or something. My Dad babbles on and on with my Mom, talking about what they can do on Friday night, their children free night. Our neighbor, Mrs. Fredson used to take care of us, but apparently we are too much for her elderliness to handle. "Amber, I want you to be on your best behavior young lady."

"Okay," I'll try my best. Dad pulls over on an overdone house with an uncut lawn. Well we're here. It's barely going to be twelve yet the sun is gone already. I think it's going to rain today like it did two days ago and we are at a cookout. I wonder how this will end up. As a family, we walk to the front of their house and knock until My Uncle answers the door wearing an apron.

"Hey come in, glad you're here." He grins patting my head like if I was Scot.

"Hey Uncle Will," I greet in monotone watching Aunt Mel walk in with the brightest smile ever followed by the three demons. "Hello Aunt Mel,"