19 - VIOLENT DELIGHTS

Start from the beginning

     "Michael," she sighed out and it sounded like a holy prayer. His incredible heat seeped into her skin, soaked into her blood cells and she forgot about the fact that she was now a serial killer prom queen with growing power she didn't fully understand and a thing for blood. For nothing else mattered. Nothing but Michael Langdon and his stormy eyes that glistered with darkness and lust and sadness and anger and power that all matched Carrie Moore down to a simple speck. "I want..." 

     "I know," he finished her thought. And it was true, he knew what she wanted, knew from the second he had seen her that golden afternoon weeks ago. He knew what harboured in her heart, what dwelled in her blood and knew what truly wanted to claw its way out from her soul, what wanted to wake up from an ancient slumber. And Michael wanted it too, wanted Carrietta Tabitha Moore, and dangerously needed her. 

     Without thinking and only feeling, Carrie stepped forward on her heels, pressing her bloodied lips to Michael's. With their last kiss, the world had slowed down in perfect bliss, but this time the dark world around them sped up in frantic passion. Michael wasted no time with snaking his around Carrie's body, pulling her flush against his body. While both teenagers didn't really know what they were doing, they acted on a deep instinct that knew what to do, knew what felt good and right. 

     Carrie parted her lips, allowing Michael entrance and his tongue danced against hers, and the taste of blood ignited both of them, urged them into a delirious frenzy. Carrie bit down onto Michael's bottom lip and she was rewarded with a primal moan as his arms tightened around her, his fingers pressing into her skin. She carded her fingers through his golden locks, pulling a little at the stands as Michael explored her mouth, pushing his knee between her thighs, which gave her something grind against. Heat pooled in her stomach and a primal need curled in her stomach, wanting more and wanting a sweet release. She never wanted to part from Michael and his wonderful heat that could burn her skin at any moment, but it would be worth it. She believed Michael Langdon would always be worth it, no matter the cost or the risk. 

     None of them wanted to break the kiss, but Carrie's lungs needed the air. Her lips were swollen and tingling with sensation and her body was screaming for more, screaming for Michael. But he knew this night wasn't over for Carrie, not yet, and he was just a distraction to the girl who needed to do one more thing tonight that marked her second birth, marked the beginning of her dark crowning. He drew his body away from hers and instantly felt cold without her and already missed the taste of her. He licked his lips free of blood as his eyes flickered to the Moore house; a window blinked with light. "Your mother is waiting up for you." 

     Carrie brushed her fingers over her hot flesh as her heart continued to pulse for Michael and everything he could offer her, but she felt a little deflated that he had ended the kiss. She sighed and this one didn't sound like a prayer. She glanced back at her house and the window shining with light. "I should go," she said before turning back to Michael. "Can I see you tomorrow?" 

      Michael knew he would be seeing Carrie Moore much sooner than that, but he nodded. "Of course, Carrietta." He smiled, bright eyes shadowed with knowledge. If his Dark Lord was correct, he would see the young witch before the sun rose over the city of angels. 

   — 

     The house was quiet and shadowed. Carrie's heels echoed out as she tapped her way down the hallway. The house felt still but static, like the air before a storm hit. And as Carrie rounded the corner into the lounge room, she was faced with the reality of her terrible yet beautiful night. Can something be both terrible yet beautiful, she wondered. And the answer was leaning against a chain-link fence, waiting again for the inevitable.