A New Friend - Revised 7/8/2014

Start from the beginning

“For today class each of you will be partnered with someone you may or may not know. You will spend the entire class time getting to know them.”

“But Ms. Crow what if we don’t like our partner?” said a redheaded girl with disgust in her voice.

You will have to deal with it in a kind and respectful manner.” Ms. Crow replied. 

Raising her eyebrow she continued on with the assignment, “Everyone will be eating lunch with their partners today. Yes– you will be seen in public with your homeroom partner. Every homeroom class is doing this same assignment and all staff members will be monitoring the entire student body during lunch.”

Some students were about protest until Ms. Crow added, “This has been decreed by ALL surrounding Alphas in the area as a way to encourage packs to get along.”

 “If you are a student leader you will be assigned a different partner for this assignment, but are still responsible for your student. Now listen up as I call your name and who you are partnered with. Raise your hand, so your partner knows who you are.”

One by one each student was called. Mitch stood when his name was called and walked towards his partner named Tammy. She was a small girl, with blonde wavy shoulder length hair, thick red glasses that magnifying her green eyes and wore bright colors. It made her look friendly, happy and yet familiar to me. So engrossed into my observation of the girl and Mitch I didn’t hear Ms. Crow call my name.

“Ahem, Angle?” Ms. Crow said not so pleasantly

“Yes?”

“Angle, instead of drooling over your student leader I suggest you pay attention and interview your assigned partner.”

After hearing             this Mitch turns his head towards me with a big grin on his face.

“Apologies Ms. Crow but I do not drool…….. Babies drool while teething…….people with excess saliva drool……. and people who have problem swallowing drool……………. I am neither teething, nor have excess saliva problems and I most assuredly know how to swallow.”

As soon as I mentioned I knew how to swallow a male voice was heard saying, “That’s what she said!” Causing several students to burst out laughing. Ignoring the laughs I continued on.

“I am sitting here and nowhere near my student leader Mitch to be drooling on, over or around him. That would be rather –disgusting! Besides the most I have done with my saliva where Mitch is concerned was the Welcome kiss I gave him in the office and the kiss he gave me in the hall way before I entered into the girl’s locker room.” I said in a matter of fact tone.

Ms. Crow looked shocked. Several students oohed out load and guys high fived Mitch while saying "YOU DA MAN!" Mitch just sat there with a goofy smile on his face. It took ten minutes for Ms. Crow to settling the class down. She went to her desk and instructed us to get to work.