Chapter 8: Boys x Girls

"Keep going! That Klaxosaur won't last much longer," Ryoken shouts as Valkyrie blocked its next attack with her shield. The Klaxosaur looks like a giant sphere with six cannons on top of it that look like maws. Genista delivers another shot right into one of its maws, making the Klaxosaur recoil.

"Almost done. Let's gang up and finish it off!" Delphinium orders as she, Strelizia, Gladiolus and Chlorophytum begin to circle around it. The Klaxosaur retaliates by spitting a thick blue liquid out of its rotating cannons on Squad 13. Every Franxx gets hit, except Valkyrie who blocked that attack with her shield as well.

"What is this? Gross!" Argentea exclaims. "It's all sticky!" Genista adds. "But..." Chlorophytum begins. "It doesn't hurt," Strelizia says. "Yeah, seems fine," Gladiolus remarks. "So, it's just for show? How dare you spew this disgusting gunk all over us?!" Argentea barks at the Klaxosaur. "Let's try it again, guys. Stick to the plan," Delphinium commands.

Meanwhile, inside Strelizia's cockpit, you notice that the blue liquid begins to drip into the cockpit from the ceiling. You are about to sever the connection as it drops onto her to get her away from it when a sizzling noise catches your attention. Her parasite suit slowly begins to dissolve right in front of you.

Oh god, is this really happening right now?!

At the same time, a collective "Uhmmm..." can be heard from every other boy of the squad, except Ryoken and Mitsuru. Every Franxx, except Valkyrie, has trouble to move all of a sudden.

"Darling, what's wrong?" Strelizia asks. "Eh, we got a bit of a problem here," you answer. "Let's kill that Klaxosaur first!" she responds.

Damn it, (Y/N). Focus! You think to yourself as you slap yourself in the face.

"Guys, what's wrong?" Ryoken asks over the comms. "Why are you spacing out, Zorome?" Argentea asks while she taps her head, "Hey, are you listening to me?" "Y-Yeah, it's nothing, really," he responds as he regains his composure. "Futoshi?" Genista asks. "Don't worry. It's nothing at all," he replies. "Focus, we're in the middle of a battle," Delphinium remarks. "I-I know!" Goro responds. "Focus, Hiro!" Gladiolus says. "Y-Your parasite suit is-" Hiro is suddenly interrupted by Zorome, "Don't tell her!"

"Darling, let's finish it off!" Strelizia comments. "Yeah," you reply as Strelizia activates her boosters and charges at the Klaxosaur. It spews more of the blue liquid towards Strelizia, but it's ultimately unable to stop her as she drives herself through it and comes out on the other side with its core impaled on her lance.

"What were you saying, Hiro?" Valkyrie asks him. "Your parasite suits are melting!" Hiro and you shout over the comms. "Don't tell them!" Zorome and Futoshi shout back.

Then, each Franxx looks at a live feed of their own cockpits. "My parasite suit!" Argentea shrieks along with the other girls, except Zero Two and Misaki.

XXXXXX

Plantation 13 – Docking bay

Everyone gathers on the ground upon disembarking in the docking bay. The girls are clustered together and wrapped in towels, except Zero Two who doesn't seem to care and Misaki who was spared from the Klaxosaurs liquid. Kokoro is hiding behind Misaki and Naomi, Ichigo looks angry, to say the least, but Miku and Ikuno look like they are about to kill someone.

"You've got the wrong idea!" Goro says, "We only didn't tell you because we didn't want to distract you during the battle." "As for me, I simply found you amazingly beautiful, Kokoro!" Futoshi exclaims as her face turns red. "I think you should stop now, Futoshi," Ryoken says as he covers Futoshi's mouth as he was about to continue. "This is stupid," Mitsuru sighs as he walks away.