"Before you start a bromance, there is more."

*************************************************************************************************************

*Damon P.O.V.*

  I felt so content at the moment. I only slept next to her, yet I felt better than all those times I did more than sleep with other women. Waking up was the real treat though. Watching her eyes practically eat me up was such a relief. At least I know she feels something. It wasn't a lost cause. Now I just have to convince her her to act on those feelings. I prepared for the day as usual, all the while thinking over my next move. What tactic would push her over. Tragic hero? Hmmm. Maybe. As my mate and future Luna she wouldnt want me to suffer. Romantic sap? No. I'm not sure I could pull it off. I know I'm a sap when it comes to her, but what if her husband is that? I wouldn't last long. He has known her for years, he would have the inside edge. Was I really going to try breaking her marriage? Most of me says "Hell Yeah!", but the side that my Mother instilled, the one that taught me to open doors and stand when a lady enters the room, caused me to stumble. I was coming to the conclusion that breaking her marriage or causing her to be unfaithful would get me nowhere in the end. Her children would resent me, maybe SHE would. Damn it! I thought back to all out encounters, not that there were many of them. Her constant downshifting of her eyes in submission. The way she would occasionally just submit herself to me without question. 

  Just like that, an idea popped in my brain. That was it. I knew the way into her heart and bed. Dark thoughts and fantasies flew through my head, I felt my jeans growing tighter at my thoughts. Now that I knew what every inch of her delectable body looked like, glowing with the rays of mornings light on her sillouhette, it was getting harder to control myself. I breathed slowly, replacing fantasy with baseball stats, kittens, my grandmother, anything I could to cool my blood. It worked.

  I rushed through my morning duties, impatient to put my plan into action, when a knock sounded on my door. I yelled enter and was surprised to see Jack enter. Which reminded me I needed to talk to him. I completely forgot I had wanted to speak to him about what happened the day I met Victoria. It's not often you see tough guys playing patty cake, but he did.

  "Alpha, I was hoping to talk if you had the time." He asked almost deprecatingly. Not that he ever disrespected me as his Alpha, he just was usually very down to earth. Treating me like a normal guy.

  "Actually Jack, I did need to speak to you as well." I looked at him and realized he was probably a lot younger than I thought. "How old are you now, about 25?" I asked him. He looked at me for the first time since he came in, and shook his head.

  "No, sir. I'll be 21 next month." He answered. I was taken aback for a minute there. He must have been a very strong wolf to have fooled me for so long. He has been my head enforcer for about two years, but has been a fighter for five. That means he passed by the trainers at a very early age, meaning not only was he strong, he was an early developer. Most wolves don't mature fully until they hit eighteen, but at 15 or 16 he was developed enough the trainers believed him capable. That I hired a teenager to lead the enforcers. His worth just rose in my book, but before I could embrace the pride of having such a powerful wolf lead my team, I needed to clear something up.

  "I'm glad you're here. I need you to explain your fascination with my Luna's daughter. I don't normally see men playing with toddler's not their own, unless they have ulterior motives." I stated a little harshly. I carefully observed him for anything out of the norm. Wolves were men too, and just like humans, you run into a few not so good men. They were treated a lot worse in the were community, then in the humans. A man, or woman, caught abusing a child in that way, was quickly dispatched with. No jail, no parole, no rehabilitation. Just a pile of wood ready to burn you up, whether you've finished dying or not. He looked at me with such revulsion at the idea before it was replaced with a white hot rage.