After the massive cleanup, I caught up with my family. Jacob was gone, probably on his game system, playing with his buds on Minecraft, Alyssa was jamming out with her music desk. Michael was sprawled on the sofa watching something on Discovery. I nudged his foot with my hand, nodding my head towards my now pristine kitchen. He put on Nick Jr for the baby and followed me in. I grabbed a necessary cup of coffee and sat down at the table, wishing my coffee had a little Irish courage in it. I could use all the bravado I could get. I had to tell him something. Do I tell him everything? Or just enough to get him in the loop? Damn, getting in the loop was mostly everything, so what would be the point of keeping anything out? I spun my cup of coffee around in my hands, hoping the heat emanating from it would warm the chill of anxiety off my hands. I wasn't sure if I was happy the kids were home, that way he couldn't yell, or wishing they were anywhere else, that way he could vent. I know deep in my soul he would never physically harm me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be torn to shreds. I hate when I disappoint him. I hate when he hurts. I beat myself up when I do something that does either of those things. Not literally. Duh. I just scream internally at myself, saying all the things I imagine he is thinking. Usually, whatever it is, he's the one telling me to get over it.

  "Babe, what is it?" He asked me. He reached over, stilling my hands. I looked up at his face, steeling my backbone. I couldn't help but feel the well of tears filling my eyes. I know it would be better coming from me, but I don't want to be the one to break us, break him. I gave another sigh, to calm myself. Resolved, I opened my mouth.

  "There's something you need to know." I started hesitating a bit. I cleared my throat, hoping my voice would fill.

  "Tori, you're scaring me a bit. You know you can tell me anything." He said. Real concern filled his eyes as he grabbbed at both my hands, squeezing them gently. His words only brought back the tears as I bit my bottom lip to hold in the whimper.

  "The men that were over are wolves like me." I started.

  "I know, you told me that." He replied. He looked at me questioningly.

  "They are more than wolves. They are from the local pack. The big one that I was near, well, he's the Alpha." I stated. I know that I'm rambling around the real issue, but I am a wuss when it comes down to it. Sue me.

  "Do you mean the one that was holding you? Wait, what's an alpha? " he asked. Here we go.

  "An Alpha is a title given to the leader of a pack. He's the strongest, most fierce wolf, though usually it's passed down from father to son. They have a power in them that causes other wolves to submit. They are natural born leaders I guess you can say. Yes, he was comforting me. They are the "father's of the pack". I instinctually sought him for comfort and he instinctually comforted me." I answered. He nodded in understanding.

"Does whatever he was comforting you about have to do with what you're afraid to tell me?" He asked. See? The man knew me. Knew when I was dancing around the real issue. I nodded. A shaky sigh escaping again. I knew that there was no more messing around. Or maybe there was.

  "He has been educating me on what a pack werewolf is like. Answering my questions. He is actually coming by today." I casually threw out. Maybe I needed to play Damon up? "I think he,or someone from his pack, saved me that night. One of the men I definitely knew was there." I finished. True, I'm not 100% sure if Damon was there, though his wolf had looked familiar.

  "Then, I should thank him. He just became my new best friend!" He smiled. I winced at the sincere gratitude emerging from his eyes. Here we go, no more messing now. I know I have said it before, but now I'm serious.