13| EMERGENCY

I replied today's events in my mind while I was waiting for Timo to call. At least someone in my family still loved me.

I was greatly surprised to discover Jaxon and I shared the same love for cars. However, not so surprised to be scolded by Paolo when he found out just how much I spoiled his kids.

Jaxon was dry, rude, disrespectful and cold. But I still had a smile plastered on my face when I remembered I saw none of that today. Instead he was much more accessible and he actually tried to be nicer... well and dry, but I'd just come to terms with the fact that he just couldn't help himself.

Then my phone rang and I saw Timo's name on the screen.

"Forgot your older sister yet young man?" A genuine smile was making its way and it felt so good I allowed myself to get a glimpse of what it felt like to live under the protection of my family's name. However it confused me because during my little outburst I realized maybe happiness was not what I thought. Or maybe there were different types of happiness.

I has never thought of that before, but things had changed and I realised I was changing too.

"Alessia!" I heard him sob and then he was crying leaving me all broken inside.

It didn't matter whether they knew me as Alessia or Quinn. The one thing they all knew about me was that my little brother Timothy was my weakness. He was such a good boy.  My parents were busy people, my sister was always too absorbed in her project, my brother Elijah had enough with the ski club, or hanging out always with different girls or with mom teaching him the ropes of the bussiness and then Christian was too preocupied being the perfect son. I didn't know what were my flaws, but what I knew was that I was the one child who was given more points to fail than to succeed.

But I loved them. All of them. At the end of the day the raised me. And my family was also next to me when I was so down I couldn't even remember who I was.

But Timo... ever since he was born he's been my shadow. He had his golf club classes and competitions but he still squeezed his schedule to sneek out to see me practicing. The track was just 3km long and he would sit next to the end and cheer every single time. Which wasn't really sneeking out as Annie, Timo's driver, presented weekly information to my parents and I'd bet she wrote down every single time he wasn't doing his homework but paying me a visit.

"Come back Alessia." He sobed again. "Please. Please come back!"

"Hear me out Timo."

He finally agreed to explain myself. "You need to know it's not because of you I'm not back home. You know that right?"

There was a silence and then a hurried "yes" followed when he realized nodding was probably not the best way to enhance communication. "But I tried to talk to mom or dad but Blaine keeps telling me not to disturb them." I was shocked to hear him spit the words. He wasn't like that.

"Look, I don't know why mom and dad are insisting on keeping you away and I've never really liked Blaine." He tended to confuse the line between PA and parent. "But I know you're a smart kid and that there's a high chance you know what's going on. Nevertheless, what's clear is that our parents want the best for you."

"Like they wanted the best for Meera. For you." He snorted. Knowing him he was probably in our manor's land playing golf so as to let out some steam. "And look at Meera now. She's achieved her main goal but she is..."

"Yeah. She's pregnant."

After that, silence followed. I remembered that day as if it was yesterday.

▪ ▪ ▪

I jumped into my best friend's arms who decided to wait for me as today was an important day.