‍ ‍ ‍ "yeah, whatever. jesus christ he has a sugar baby..." hakkai paused, "i don't think i have any appetite to eat after hearing that. well then, i'll get going to find him."

‍ ‍ ‍ it didn't take long for you to reach your bedroom, and shut the door with a gentle thud. you were too exhausted to hear their voices over the dead silence that pervaded the room, yet you could still hear their joyous laughter outside. for a while after flopping onto the bed in a heap, you stared at the white ceiling with the thoughts of something that flashed to your mind earlier. when the lids of your eyes started to get heavy from time to time, a familiar ringtone rang through your ears and unbeknownst to you, an unknown number appeared on the screen.

‍ ‍ ‍ "hello?"

‍ ‍ ‍ "you sound so happy exhausted, y/n but your voice sounds different. are you sick?" the person's voice on the other line was clear but sounded a little bit hoarse, and slightly muffled by whatever object he had in his hand but hearing his voice after a long time didn't have an effect on you anymore as much as before and it was difficult for you to accept that the two of you were still in a relationship together. you wanted to break up with him, and run away forever but sanzu will always find a way to seek you in every corner of the city of tokyo. regardless of how vast or intricate the situation is.

‍ ‍ ‍ "sanzu! oh my god, you scared me for a second! how's everything there?" you chuckled, continuing to stare at the ceiling with a small etched into your lips. you were a liar, it seemed. always being seen with a smile, always willing to play around but there was something about the way you acted that you couldn't tell to everyone. you never would have imagined that sadness or remorse could force someone to alter their behavior, yet that is exactly what happened to you— the type of misery brought on by guilt.

‍ ‍ ‍ "everything is going perfectly fine even though the matters here aren't still solved. three more weeks and we'll finally get to see each other again, are you excited?"

‍ ‍ ‍ "of course, i am! i really miss you!" you exclaimed.

‍ ‍ ‍ "of course you do. are they treating you well there? you shouldn't get too much attached to rindou because knowing that guy, he can be pretty reckless sometimes. well then, i should get going now. i'm still tired." the pink-haired male spoke, the noises of laughing girls could be heard in the background as if sanzu wasn't trying to hide anything from you anymore. if you still cared about him, you'd be a sobbing wreck right now, but not even those couldn't affect your heart. it was as if the gods had severed the red thread that had been tied to sanzu and replaced it with someone else, rindou. it was ironic, really.

‍ ‍ ‍ the longer you keep living with this lie, the harder it gets to live.

‍ ‍ ‍ after the call ended, there was a brief period of calm in the room before a mocking chuckle escaped through your lips as you gently brought your hands to your forehead and lightly massaged your temples with your thumb and middle finger to ease some of your stress away.  "what a fantastic day." a vicious smile made its way to the corner of your lips whilst staring at your wallpaper of sanzu kissing your left cheek, and thinking how lovely it would be if you started to damage his life. you had no idea what to expect from the pink-haired, but you were looking forward to see what new different tricks he would do to manipulate you.

‍ ‍ ‍ from a sweet and innocent person, your almost perfect face transformed into a mischievous yet psycho witch. that thought alone had your stomach do summersaults with your eyes sparkling with pleasure; you had every intention of doing a lot of damage, but you knew sanzu wasn't an easy opponent. the grin on your face can only be seen on the faces of people who are willing to sacrifice their lives because they have nothing to lose. "if love is a game for two, then i won't play this game safe anymore."