Chapter 6 - All I've Lost

-2 Months Later-

*Lila's POV*

        "So to begin the questioning, I'd like to call Lila Mora to the stand." Standing up I make my way to the right of the judge and take a seat. The pounding of my heart could be heard from miles away. One of the courtroom officers approaches me with a bible, she then asks me to repeat after her. Placing my hand on the bible I repeat her words. 

        "I swear by Almighty God that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." the words flow through my mouth and out to the court for all to hear of my oath. "Now Ms. Mora, you are suing the defendant on the charge of child abuse and negligence." Nodding I look towards the attorney as he makes his way towards the bench. " Ms. Mora, may I call you Lila?"-nodding once more he continues- " So Lila, about what age did the abuse start and if you could describe what this abuse was?" 

 "The abuse started about 5 years after my mother left, which was when I was ten years old. It was physical abuse as well as mental abuse. H-he would come home drunk and- um he'd beat me until I was unconscious almost every night..."

*Flashback*

     Brushing out Barbie's blonde hair I began to braid it into small strands - CRASH- hearing a loud noise caused me to jump and hold Barbie close to me as I let a tear slip out. "LILAAAA!!! GET DOWN HERE NOW!!" quivering my 10-year-old self somberly makes my way downstairs to see a belligerent mess that is my father. 

       "What's wrong Daddy?" whispering to him, his eyes meet mine and a hand is raised, striking me down. "Please stop, daddy!" his punches and kicks rain down on me hard, tears stream down my face as I stare at the ground screaming. Slowly I see my vision was beginning to blur as my tears mix with the blood flowing down my head. Falling towards the darkness, I sleep.

*Flashback End*

    "That'll be all Lila, you may take your leave." Wiping my tears I get up from the stand and make my way towards CC, I take one last look at my father and make my way out of the courtroom. Thankful towards the attorney knowing damn well I wouldn't be able to handle the rest of the session. "Why did this happen to me CC? Why did he do this to me?" Clinging to CC I let my tears roll down his suit. No matter what he is sentenced, he took away my childhood, I lost so much because of him. My freedom, my mind, and my will to live.

*Ashley's POV*

       Walking out after CC and Lila, I overhear Lila begin to cry, "Why did this happen to me CC? Why did he do this to me?" Her voice cracked at the end, causing my heart to clench. She didn't deserve any of this, her father is a monster and I just hope that he'll be locked up for as long as Lila is breathing. 

       Looking towards her, I see her angelic features red, from crying. Gorgeous green eyes puffed from her tears, face red from the remembrance of her past. Making my way towards her, I pull her into a hug, whispering "I'll always be there for you Lils, don't ever forget that, Okay?" Looking down at her she nods her head into my chest. Kiss her forehead, I grab her hand and lead her out of the courthouse with all the guys following behind. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I know another short chapter being uploaded super late but here's chapter 6 :)