Chapter 8

Yukai Bloodling

For the next month, Ayoshi was taught how to fight by Inuyasha and the demon slayers. Ayoshi became quite the fighter especially wearing a kimono. She shortened her kimono to her knees so her legs were free to move. She fought better and she could control her powers. The day of the moonless night arrives again and she sighs. She looks at the sky.

"Milady?" Jaken asks trying to get her attention.

"Hmm? What?" She says.

"You should go to a hut. The sun will be setting soon." Jaken says, "Ah-Un and I will guard you." Inuyasha laughs.

"Humph. It's more like she needs to guard you." Inuyasha says.

"Inuyasha be nice for once in your life." Kagome says.

"Don't worry my sutras will protect you both tonight." A monk, named Miroku says. His wife, Sango stands beside him with their twin daughters and son.

"And we'll all stay awake to look after you." Sango says.

"Thank you." Ayoshi says.

"Not like I'll be tired." Inuyasha says.

"As always you are full of yourself!" Kagome says. Ayoshi bows respectfully.

"Thank you all so much for offering this place as my temporary home!" Ayoshi says, "It means a lot. You've taught me so much this passed month. I just hope I'll be strong enough to finally defeat Jaufu." Kagome smiles and shakes her head.

"Hey it's fine. We are happy to help especially since you are my adopted niece." Kagome says.

"Thank you anyway." Ayoshi says.

The sunsets when Inuyasha, Kagome and Ayoshi are all locked into the hut. Inuyasha kept his eyes closed as if he was actually sleeping. The demon slayers watched the area. Ayoshi fell asleep not long after. She sleeps for a good time until Kagome wakes her.

"Mhm?" She says.

"It's almost morning. It sounds like there is a demon is outside." Kagome says.

"Sounds pretty strong as well." Inuyasha says.

"If we go out there we are dead." Ayoshi says. Everyone outside screams and Ayoshi rushes out before Kagome can stop her. The demon turns and looks at Ayoshi. It roars and Ayoshi looks at it.

"Leave them alone! You want me I bet huh?" She says.

"Get back idiot!" Inuyasha says.

"I'm fine." She says. She saw the sun rising. It rose above the horizon and she ran forward. Ayoshi jumps into the air to dodge the attack and the sun slowly hits her and she pulses in the air and she gets her ears and white hair back and she lands attacks.

Ayoshi beats it and she looks at it as it dies.

"Keep a close eye on those you care about. Everyone you love and care about could die. In three months' time is the time the king is giving you. You only have the choice to marry him and do as he says or he'll kill everyone slowly and painfully." The demon says and finally dies. Ayoshi's eyes widen with shock. Jaufu wanted her to trade her life for everyone else's. There was no way she could get out of it. Flashes of her fears of everyone dying appears in her mind and she gets tears in her eyes.

"No!" She says and falls to her knees.

The next few days, Ayoshi stays locked in the hut thinking. Sesshomaru returns within the week as Ayoshi stays locked in the hut.

"Where is Ayoshi?" Sesshomaru asks.

"In Rin's hut. She's been staying there since you left. She's locked herself in this time. Only she can open the door. She locked herself in three days ago when a demon said that she had three months to decide to either marry Jaufu or everyone here including you dies. She won't eat. Maybe you should talk to her." Inuyasha says.

"What would I be able to do?" Sesshomaru asks.

"Get her to get back to training so she can fight Jaufu and his flunkies." Inuyasha says and Sesshomaru looks towards Rin's hut. He sighs and walks towards it and knocks on the door when he gets to it.

"Ayoshi?" He says slowly.

She doesn't answer she just sits there.

"Ayoshi it's me. I heard what the demon says." Sesshomaru says. She opens the door enough to peek at him. The hut was dark she didn't have a fire going or anything. She stares at him with sad, scared and worried eyes.

"I don't want to lose anyone. I hate death, but I don't want to end up killed by Jaufu." She says slowly.

"You won't lose us." Sesshomaru says.

"Do you think I'll be safer in my world? I can go and you can fake my death. Then you can destroy the well." She says. He looks at her.

"You shouldn't run away. It seems he returned to his castle after we left." Sesshomaru says.

"What will that do? You all will never be safe." She says.

"Demons will still attack to make sure you are dead." Sesshomaru says.

"You'll be fine. You can kill them." She says quietly.

"I will do everything in my power to protect you. I told you that." He says.

"That won't change that I'm not strong enough to kill him." She says.

"Then why not the combined power of everyone?" Kagome says. Ayoshi looks at Kagome confused.

"It's how we defeated Naraku." Kagome says.

"Everyone fighting together?" She says.

"Yeah. We can all work together then when he's killed you'll be safe to return to your home." Kagome says. Ayoshi thinks and them nods with a smile.