Chapter 5 - Joker, The Vilain!

The morning rays that morning was somewhat not as harsh as it always was to wake her up. It was soft. It was warm and cozy. She snuggled into her source of warmth for sometime before it hits her.

'I slept through the whole night! I hadn't had any nightmare! I slept!'

Anika's eyes flung open and she was pleasantly surprised with the view in front of her. Shivaay, her Shivaay was there, holding her close to himself by her waist and shoulder. He was shirtless as usual when he goes to sleep. Anika smiled and rose herself a little so that their nose was touching. She remembered the countless amount of times when he used to wake her up by rubbing their noses together. It was some good old days. Her only wish at that moment was to freeze the time so that she won't have to lose him. Loose their precious moments together. How she wished.

"I love you, Shivaay!" She thought to herself as she snuggled closer to him

As a reflex, Shivaay pulled her closer to himself and whispered, "I love you too!"

At first Anika thought she might be dreaming, but when she heard her name escaping his lips, she knew that she heard him right. He did confessed his feelings to her. That feelings, that particular words which he would never say to her when they're awake as in fully conscious.

Anika's wish to stay in his arms was just short-lived when they heard a shriek coming from downstairs. Shivaay woke up startled and distanced himself from Anika right away. He got up of the bed and looked at startled Anika. She was on the verge of breaking down, yet her eyes were demanding some explanations from him. Before Shivaay could explain anything, the shriek that woke them up was heard again. Both of them rushed downstairs right away.

"Bhaiya! O! Mummy!" Rudra was crying when Shivaay and Anika got into the kitchen, while Ansh was sitting on the high stool, with his face covered completely with icings of different colours. 

"Ansh, Rudy? What's going on here and why are you wailing like this so early in the morning?" Shivaay inquired.

"Bhaiya! Ansh finished all the treats I made for Halloween last night. I made them all alone, you know! I hardly slept and was about to continue after a nap when I come back to have him finish eating them! This is not fair Bhaiya!" Rudra complained as he cried while hugging Shivaay.

"They are made to be eaten, right? Stop being such a dram queen Ru Chachu!" Ansh said in a monotonous voice as he took a kitchen towel and cleaned his face.

"Bhaiya!"

Just then. Rudra noticed Om and Chulbul entering the kitchen. He left Shivaay and went to hug Om, still crying and wailing.

"Ansh!" Shivaay reprimanded his five year old son. Is he really just five years? Shivaay thought to himself.

Anika was having a hard time to suppress her laughter and broke into it when she heard Chulbul's giggle. Both the ladies were soon joined by the little boy while Shivaay could only smile, as his guilt was stopping him and Om couldn't even think of smiling as Rudra was holding on to him tightly.