Chapter 4: Surprise

Tristan had just waken up. Luckily, he didn't die, but he still wanted to know who did it. Tre walked in and found Tristan awake. "Hey bro, how ya feelin?" "I feel fine, but I really want to know who did it." "Well, when your 100%, maybe we can scout." Tristan nodded and Tre left.

-

Murphy, Hailey, and Claire were collecting fire wood. This was a little bit surprising since it is usually Murphy, Claire, and Adin who collects the wood. Hailey is the gossip queen of the girls. Murphy was worried about her secret and if Hailey found out about it.

"So, Murphy, how's it going?" "Fine, I guess." "Anything special going on?" "No." "Not even with Adin?" "You gotta be kidding me." "What?" "Why do you get into other people's business, Hailey?" "Because I can." Claire interrupted the argument. "Did you guys here that?" "What?"

Murphy went to look and then yelled "RRRRUUUUNNNN!" All three girls sprinted back to the safe zone. "What did you see back there Murphy?" "I thought I saw Adam aiming at me with a bow."

-

Tristan and Tre packed up their things. As they were walking out the door, Patrick and Simon walked in. "What are you guys doing?" "We're going on a hike." "Looks like a long hike." "It is." "Well can we tag a long?" "Well." Tre spoke up. "Yes you can, the more the merrier."

The four of them set off for the woods. An hour into the hike Simon asked the question that was on his and Patrick's mind: "What are we looking for?" "The person who shot me." "And who might that be?" "I don't know, but I hope to find out."

Tre and Simon walk forward scouting the area. They don't see anything out of the ordinary. Simon took a step forward and fell into a trap. It was a hole in the ground surrounded by leaves. Tre stopped himself from falling in.

"Yo, Simon, are you ok?" "I think I broke my leg." "Hold on, I'll get Patrick and Tristan to help you out." Tre then sprinted away.

Simon was aching in pain. He then heard a noise. "Who's there?" No one answered. "Hello?" Then a masked man came out of the shadows. "Who the hell are you? Hey, hey, don't get any closer. TTTTRRRRREEEEEE!"

The other three returned to the hole without Simon. "Simon? Simon? SSSSIIIIIMMMMMOOOOONNNN?!"