Chapter 1: 5 Monthes Later

Camp Tall Timbers is a ravage land. Cabins are destroyed, the cafeteria is considered contaminated, and the only safe spot is the gym. Campers and counselors have been dwindling down as well.

5 counselors have made it and they are: Euan, Logan, Ethan, Teresa, and Shelby. There are 15 surviving kids as well and they are: Owen, Adin, Aaron, Simon, Patrick, Tre, Reed, Harrison, Tristan, Harry, Hailee, Hailey, Murphy, Claire, and Tasha. Euan and Ethan are leading the charge.

Harry and Reed are looking for food. It is hard to find anything not infected to eat, but there are things out there. They stumble upon 3 deer. Reed draws back his bow and fires it at the first deer. Hit. The other 2 start to run away but Harry got a rifle and shot them both.

It's risky to use a gun because other survivors can hear it, trace it to you, steal your stuff, and kill you. That's the reason Reed carries a bow.

"Sandy Cove could have heard that gun Harry. What the hell were you thinking!" "We needed the food, we are almost out."

It was true that the group needed food, but guns jeopardize their safety. Did they really want that to happen? To Harry, it was worth the risk. But to Reed, it wasn't.

The two got back and were greeted by smiles. Adin and Owen helped carry the deer and Reed went to talk to Euan. "Harry shot two of them." "Do you think Sandy Cove heard it?" "I don't know but we should be prepared." "I'll go to talk to Ethan about it."

Euan went to what used to be the weight room, which is now the meeting room. Logan, Ethan, Teresa, and Shelby were already there. "While Harry and Reed were hunting, Harry fired a gun. Should we prepare for the worst?" "I think we should but not go all out." Logan always tries to have peace, though it probably will never happen.

"We should focus on our normal activities, then worry about Sandy Cove." Teresa always wants to wait. Usually Ethan makes the decisions and here's what he thinks they should do: "Split up the campers so we still have a few doing the regular chores while the others focus on the army."

They all agreed when a yell came from outside. Tre comes running in. "Guys, it's Tasha. She's not breathing."