She kissed him again, this time more lovingly and Lei set her back down. He noticed she wasn't wearing any shoes so he immediately picked her up bridal style.

"What happened to your shoes?" Lei asked.

"I couldn't run away in them so I took them off," Meiza said sheepishly and Lei smiled at her cuteness.

"I'm taking you to my place," Lei said simply and started walking.
Meiza rested her head on his chest, the rain still falling but much more lightly than before.

_________________________________

Meiza had changed into one of Lei's sweaters and was wearing a pair of shorts she had left at his place one day.

She was currently on the phone with Ju who was confused yet delighted at the same time.

"So you and Lei are running away?" Ju asked through the phone.

"We'll be coming back... in a week or so," Meiza bit her lip. "Could you do me a favour?"

"What is it?"

"If you're still at my place, could you pack a few of my things and meet us at the airport? Bring Meizou too please," she pleaded.

"Okay okay sure. We'll be there in around an hour," Ju stated. "See you!"

Meiza placed her phone down on the bed. She couldn't believe that she and Lei were actually planning to leave China and go abroad.

She couldn't believe that Lei actually chose her! Her stomach was filled with butterflies and she suddenly became nervous of everything she did.

"No, don't do that," she shook her head and fell back on the bed. She closed her eyes for a bit, humming a song she had heard a lot of her American colleagues playing.

"You are the cause of my euphoria," she sang out loud.
She never considered herself a great singer and she was always shy about singing in front of people.

"Hey-ya hey-ya Hey-ya! Hey-ya hey-ya Hey-ya! Close the door now, when I'm with you I'm in utopia," she sang.

Just at that moment Lei popped out of the bathroom, smiling at her singing. Meiza didn't even notice until he spoke to her.

"Thank you," he said and Meiza sat upright. Her eyes widened and she covered her face.

"For what?" She said through her hands.

"You said I am the cause for your euphoria right?" He teased and Meiza buried her face into her hands.

"Stoppp!" She cried and Lei laughed at her. She was just too cute.

"Hey," Lei said, walking up to her and removing her hands from her face. Meiza slowly looked up at him, her cheeks tinted with pink. "I love you."

Meiza's lips grew into a grin. "Say that again please."

Lei smiled and kissed her gently. "I love you."

Meiza kisses him again, this time for longer. "I love you too."

They stared into each other's eyes until Lei stood back up.

"You are the cause of my euphoria!" He teased and Meiza covered her face again.

"STOP!" She cried and he laughed at her.

"Come on, Tianshi. We better get going," Lei said and Meiza walked out of the room, still covering her face in embarrassment.

___________________________________

The journey to the airport was silent. Meiza was forcing Lei into the world of K-Pop - something she had just discovered in the USA.

Meiza was quietly singing along and bopping her head but she tried to conceal it from Lei. Lei obviously noticed and made a mental note to ask her about her dance competitions.

Once they arrived, Ju and Meizou were already waiting for them. Meiza hugged Ju tightly, thanking her for bringing her stuff.

"Ahia, I heard what you've been doing with my best friend! Be good to her," Meiza threatened jokingly and Ju covered her face in embarrassment.

"Meimei, that's not for you to know!" Meizou complained. Meiza just hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.

"I'll see you soon Ahia. Please don't worry about me too much," she said. "I love you."

Meizou smiled. "Be careful. I love you too."

Meizou grabbed Lei's shoulder and looked him in the eye. "Are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure," Lei said without hesitation. "Don't worry, I'll bring her back in one piece. Maybe a little bit happier and bouncier."

Meizou's eyes widened at his subtle innuendo and punched him in the arm playfully.

"I'm kidding!" Lei laughed and Meizou huffed.

"Ju, call me whenever you need anything okay?" Meiza said and Ju nodded.

"You too!" She said and hugged Meiza tightly.

"By the way, what are you going to do about Jing, Connor and your parents?" Ju asked worriedly.

Lei and Meiza glanced at each other and sighed.

"Tell Connor and your parents that Meiza needed to go abroad for a shoot and won't be back for a week or so," Lei explained, still looking at Meiza.

"And tell Jing that Lei had an interview with a top music school and needed to go check the area out," Meiza said. She looked back at Lei and smiled at him.

"Okay, well you guys better get going. Be safe please! Call or text us when you land," Meizou said and hugged the both of them.

Ju hugged Meiza again and told Lei that he better look after her or else.

"Bye!" Meiza waved as her best friend and brother left the airport.

Meiza turned around to Lei, slowly grabbing his hand and smiling up at him.

"Shall we?" Meiza grinned.

Lei tightened his grip on her hand and kissed her forehead.

He then proceeded to walk deeper into the airport, pulling her along with him.

"We shall," he said and pulled her hand forward. She collided with him, bumping into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her softly.
Meiza's heart did backflips as she pulled him closer.

Yeah. She could get used to this.

___________________________________

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Please tell me what you think!!

Love y'all❤️