Chapter 18

The raindrops fell heavily splattering against Meiza's skin and soaking her clothes.
She had decided to shut out reality for a while and just let herself dwell in her own sadness.

Suddenly, she noticed that the rain was not hitting her anymore and she could instead hear it pattering against something.

Meiza rose her head and looked up to find an umbrella hovering over her. Then she turned her head and saw him standing there.

"Lei," Meiza whispered. She hugged him tightly, pressing her face into his chest and sobbing silently. Lei stroked her hair, but was having difficulty doing so whilst holding the umbrella.

Meiza noticed this and grabbed the umbrella from his hand. She closed it and threw it down, the rain falling onto the both of them.

"Tianshi...?" Lei questioned her motive and Meiza ignored him. She didn't care about getting soaked. She just wanted comfort.

She clutched Lei again and he hugged her back. He was getting soaked too but right now he needed to be there for Meiza. Meiza lifted her head and gazed up at Lei.

"Lei, I know about what Jing asked you," Meiza confessed. Her hands were still around him and he hadn't bothered to remove his either.

"I know you said you chose Jing and I'll try my best to be happy for you and support you. I am hurt that it wasn't me you chose but I hope she-"

Meiza was cut off by as Lei leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. She was shocked and immediately pulled away despite how much she wanted it.

"Lei, what are you doing?" Meiza asked. She didn't want him to do something he would regret.

"Tianshi," Lei said and Meiza's heart melted. It always did when he called her that. It was his special name for her. "When Connor proposed to you, something changed. I couldn't imagining you having a life with Connor because... it was meant to be with me."

"And I don't care that we're eight years apart because I know there's no one else like you."

Meiza's eyes widened at his words. She was extremely shocked but secretly happy as well. He had finally come to his senses.

"So... what are you saying?" Meiza asked curiously.

"I'm saying," Lei continued pulling her closer to him by the waist. "That I made a mistake. And that I want you."

Meiza's heart leaped into her throat. She was ecstatic and couldn't quite hold her excitement in.

"I want to be with you, Meiza. I want to be the only person that makes you unbelievably happy, the only person you kiss and the only person who you will spend your life with- in this life, the next and the others to come."

Meiza was grinning as she brought his lips down to hers. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. But she knew her happiness would only last a few moments until reality set in.

"Lei, you know I will have to marry Connor right? And you'll have to marry Jing?" Meiza dreaded the words but she had to say it.

"I know but I'm determined to fight for us," he replied, making Meiza's insides twist again.

"Me too," she answered and kissed him again. The rain was still falling on the two angels but neither cared for it.

"Lei, let's go somewhere," Meiza suggested. "Somewhere abroad where we don't have to deal with anyone. Where we can be total strangers and no one will care because they don't know us."

Lei ran this thought through his mind and liked the idea of running away somewhere with Meiza.

"Let's do it tonight," Lei replied and Meiza squealed. Lei picked her up and spun her around while Meiza screamed.