"AB positive, please." Storm requested, making my mother beam dreamily at the sound of his deep, baritone voice. My father just smiled pleasantly until his smile melted and he sniffed. His eyes locked on me and I stiffened under his gaze, before quickly looking at Storm.

"I wasn't expecting you so early," I admitted, making Storm look at me, "I took the liberty of inviting a friend from school over, so I hope you don't mind a human dinner." Storm didn't seem the least bit surprised and shook his head.

"No problem at all." He responded. I could tell my parents were silently fuming, but to avoid exploding, my mother rushed in to help Storm take some of his new things to the guest room. Passing me, my mother shot me a death glare before looking at my father with a nod. We stood there in silence until Storm's door shut behind him. My father took his chance and whirled on me.

"How dare you! Inviting a human! I thought you didn't have any friends!" He exclaimed in disbelief, making me give him a sour glare.

"Thanks. And he's not a friend. If you want to yell at anyone, yell at Amber. She invited him." I responded flatly, folding my arms over my chest. My father glared at me harshly for a moment, then threw his hands up in exasperation.

"Fine! I hate having to cook, you know that. This is the last time you can have someone over, Alexander."

"Of course it is." My life ends in three months, I wanted to tack on bitterly, but my father ignored me and went to the kitchen, growling about incompetent sons. Even though I was the only son, which explained why I was stuck in this predicament in the first place.

I sighed, disgruntled as I headed back to my room. I opened the door to see Mark leaning on my window sill, watching the pool outside ripple and glitter in the sunlight. He looked like he had been deep in thought before he popped back up, turning to face me and leaning on the frame of the window.

"About time. What's going on?" He asked curiously, reaching up to give the little silver hoop in his nose a tug. I grimaced and he dropped his hand immediately as I shut the door behind me.

"Unfortuantely... Family is visiting too, so you'll really have to impress us." I answered, making Mark stiffen uncomfortably.

"Family?" He asked. I nodded. I wasn't about to tell Mark that the sexy beast walking around my house was my fiance. He always thought I was a faggot. No reason to tell him I was betrothed faggot, I thought dryly, then shook my head to clear my mind before I looked at Mark sternly.

"Best manners you can manage. That side of the family is filthy stinking rich and proper. If I were you, I'd just be as quiet as possible."

"Nooo problem." Mark drawled, running a hand through his hair uneasily. I frowned, watching him poke his snake bite with his tongue.

"Getting cold feet?" I asked. Mark blushed and glared at me, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans, stiffening his shoulders.

"Well, jeez. If I had known I'd have to work this hard, I wouldn't have come over." He grumbled, making me raise an eyebrow and fold my arms over my chest.

"I thought you liked my sister." I pointed out. Mark blushed harder and scowled, but said nothing as he looked away. I sighed and shook my head. We mostly just sat around my room and occasionally argued before the smell of cooked meat filled the house. Mark's stomach growled loudly, making him shift uncomfortably. My stomach ached at the smell. I wasn't a fan of cooked meat, but humans just simply couldn't digest it.

They were lacking the powerful acids that broke down the bacteria in raw meat, which explained why they ended up with bacterial contamination whenever they decided to stupidly go cannibalism without cooking their victim first. The thought made me roll my eyes, rubbing my temples before I rose to my feet.