Slumber

The next day, after finishing all his homework, he had found his feet wandering once more to the soup kitchen, purpose filling his step. Since it was a Saturday, he was free until 4:30, when he worked the late shift every day except for Sunday's, needing the extra money. He hadn't even realized where he was going until he pushed open the doors, the warmth hitting him harder than a train going full speed, color rising to his cheeks upon the sudden temperature change. 

His eyes, for the first time, searched beyond the tables to the serving area, looking for a particular girl whose eye smile was now the sole source of hope in his life. Disappointed when learning of her missing presence, he resigned to his previous seat at the corner table, flipping through the journal once more. Smiling at his mother's words, his eyes lit up with a spark that set his lips aflame, stretching wide enough to completely cover his face, subconsciously waiting for the possibility of Laila coming. 

Minutes turned to hours, his eyes eventually growing tired of wandering the familiar pages that were now practically etched into his memory. Glancing up, he sighed, resigned to the fact that she wouldn't come, that she wouldn't even want to communicate with him. I mean, who would?

Glancing at the clock, he rushes out of the building, seeing that it's 3:00. He couldn't afford to be late to work.

***

Going through school, Jungkook tried to act normal, as if his very being wasn't shaken to the core. For some odd reason, his brain kept trying to attach doubt on Laila's purity, while his heart defended her in every which way possible. He watched the dreary clouds pouring rain outside the window, the steady "tap, tap" of the water from the leaky gutters pounding the windowpane harder than Floyd Mayweather, completely ignoring the teacher droning on and on about some math formula, her words a constant buzz in his ears. 

Steadily, he watched the world before his eyes blur together, as his head fell on his arm laying atop his desk, his breathing soft and slow, falling asleep once again.

***  

The next day, a certain Laila's eyes kept wandering over to the same table, only to find it empty. She concludes that family get-togethers are literally set up by the devil. Being rich really does suck. Especially when you're forced to hang out with prosperous hoes who wander aimlessly, having nothing to do with their lives.  

****

 Laila's pov coming up next