( CHAPTER ONE - FIRE BLAZING )

Start from the beginning

Josephine had never thought anything about it since her parents running late was a frequent thing in her household. Her mother was a doctor who worked with children and she had always had an unpredictable schedule. It was only until the teenager had gotten a phone call from someone on the other line looking for the only child of Sarie Wilson, that Josephine knew something terrible had happened.

The only thing that she could hear was the pounding of her heart slamming against her rib cage, like her muscle was trying to break it's way out of her chest. The phone hit the floor as she pressed her back up against the wall behind her, resting her hands on her thighs as she slid down.

"We need you to come down to the hospital, miss; we think your parents were involved in a fatal car crash."

They thought.

That's what she told herself as she grabbed a cab to the nearest hospital, because she knew that with the thought of her parents dying or already dead in that hospital - that she wouldn't be able to drive like a normal human being.

There was that one chance that when she would arrive at the hospital, her parents wouldn't be hooked up to a million machines or even worse, encased in a black body bag, waiting to be identified by her. It was that only slim chance that had her keeping it together at the back of the cab, as the driver looked back at her through his rear-view mirror with concern in his aged brown eyes.

She was only seventeen and just graduated from high-school with no direction about what really awaited her in the wide world. That's what her parents were for: to guide her though her college days to become like her mother. To take responsibility to take care of sick children and to put hope in their mother's eyes.

Nothing could have prepared her for the reality that she would have to face the moment she stepped into that hospital. Sometimes, she wished she never went. Not even the years she spent on school could prepare her to come face to face with the empty bodies of her parents, staring back at their faces, all scratched up from sliding against the pavement.

As her seventeen year old self stared back at her parents bodies with her hand covering her mouth as a pained sob came from her mouth - the police knew that the bodies belonged to Sarie and Paul Wilson. The man who killed these two adults had left behind a child that was barely ready for the real world, but with the tragedy of their deaths made her grow up fast.

Josephine's breath was uneven as she stared at the blank wall before her. She hadn't left the waiting room of the hospital until a surgeon had to come up with the intention of telling her that visiting hours were closed, only to realize who the girl was.

The blonde girl couldn't even talk anymore, all she wanted to do was stare back at the wall and hopefully the wall would eat her, make her disappear from the horrible world. Not even the soothing circles that were performed on her back at an attempt to comfort her could take her out of her distraught thoughts.

The best day of her life had quickly became the worst day of her life.

A living nightmare.

━━━━━ •:•☾☼☽•:• ━━━━━

        It was now several years later since her parents had left her behind, leaving her to fend for herself before she was ready. Over the amount of time that had passed, the thought of her parents was never forgotten, and every day that passed - she always had something to tell them but they weren't here to listen.

She had dropped out of college after realizing that the pain of becoming a pediatric surgeon like her mother wanted her to be - was just too much for her to handle. The constant memory of her mother hung in her mind. The thought of her mother walking the same halls as her, the two Wilson's working together haunted her mind and had started to make her loose interest - unable to keep focus on her studies.