chapter 1 (the wish)

Hunters pov: The birds where chirping somewhere in the dark there sweet cheeps turning into the creepy caws of thousands of crows flying over my head then the red eyes stick out of the. Fog the ghastly cakling neigh of the demon steed the gate creaking loudly as the hoves beat like thunder threw  the shatered old gate. I run as it gets closer, closer. "Aughhhhhhhh" I scream as I fall out of bed draped in my blanket.
Footsteps rush toured me and my mom is there  "quite now it is ok hunter it is ok listen and I will sing you a song "lay down your head and go to sleep, take my hand and come with me to a most amazing place to be . It's called dream land,dream land wonderful place to be land where everything is possible if only you dream. If you walk on down the path then you soon will see a most wonderful place for every boy and girl to be its called toy land toy land. Wonderful girl and boy land there are ;cars,trains,boats, planes toy soldiers marching here and there stuffed animals and games everywhere. But if you walk on down the path then you soon will see a most wonderfully delicious place to be. It's called candy land candy land sweet delicious candy land where anything and everything is edible there. You can jump in a jello lake climb a mountain made of cake with ice cream snow on top, and ginger bread city is oh so prity with candy cane lane and gum drop ally there are butterscotch fields, and twizzler woods lafy tafy jungles and peanut butter cup bogs there is the pie islands of every flavor the kind you would like to savor. But if you walk on down the path be cautious and beware don't open the gate that lies right over there. For behind it lies a most horrible, offal, terrible, terrifying place. It's called nightmare land nightmare land truly terrifyingly frightful land where everything and everything you fear resides in there so take my hand and we will  walk around it and come to imagination land. Imagination land imagination land where you can be anything you ever wanted to be and you can do anything you ever wanted to do and all this and more is possible yes it's true in Dream dream land." I was asleep again before the song ended dreaming of cake and the party to come.

The house was awash in children running everywhere and touching all my things we sang happy birthday and I made my wish at the time I thought it was the best wish in the world . If I had only known if I could go back now and stop that selfish not well thought out wish if I had only known what it would do I would have never thought those words "I wish no child would ever have nightmares again" harmless right? Wrong that night I would learn just how wrong I was but not right away. That night my mom sang my song kissed me good night and I went to sleep happy becuse I thought now I will have a nightmare free sleep.