Found?

I feel like a sitting duck. Waiting for my fate. Being tied down to a chair, my mouth taped shut. My simple hums for help wouldn't be heard by those making the war zone above me.
Wait, wait, wait. My mind and thoughts were on repeat. I was the only one who could hear my cries for survival.
In that moment, silence. Complete and utter silence. I could hear footsteps making their way across the floor boards ricketing above my head. Then the creaking of the wood steps that my captures used to come and go. I could hear their breathing and it gave me the chills. Do I shout for help? Tell them I'm here? But who are they? As my brain rambled on about the many questions and concerns I had, the footsteps arrived just behind me. And the breathing felt like a draft on my neck.
This being began to remove the ropes restraining me. I quickly grabbed at my left wrist, swollen, sore. I could feel the channels that were left behind and my fingertips were regaining feeling.
"You're safe now, miss." A voice said calmly. "Also I'm sorry about this."
Just then the duct tape was torn from my lips. I couldn't even speak I just whimpered and touched my face.
"Miss are you alright?" The voice went again while removing my blindfold.
I couldn't speak, I just squinted at the light that seemed to shower over me and sting my pupils.
"Can you hear me? Are you alright?" The voice continued as I tried to adjust to regaining some of my senses.
I shrugged my shoulders because that seemed to be the only reaction I could produce at the moment. I could feel my eyes adjusting, my surroundings becoming more clear. And just there in front of me was a figure, a man. I winced at the sight of him.
My throat was dry and when I tried to speak only air escaped my lips.
"Miss let me help you up, but please take it slowly. We need to get you seen right away." The man explained.
Finally a simple sentence met my lips, "Who are you?"
The man seemed to be wearing a uniform, but I couldn't make out the type or the details of his face just yet. It was all still a blur along with my thoughts.
"I'm Detective Hunt, now let's try to get you up miss." Hunt said as he reached for my arms.
I grabbed at the back of my head, "Ahhh," I screamed in pain as I pulled my hand away and all I could see was red.
"Miss, you're hurt and in danger, we need to leave as soon as possible." The detective stated.
He helped me climb out of the chair that had become my home for god knows how long. Just then everything went black, darkness rushed over me. Silence washed through my ears and blur became my view. I was limp and defenseless, what was happening and what was going to happen....
"Miss? Miss? Hello?! Can you hear me?" Hunt held on to my lifeless body. He then faded along with me.